Trying to write a script to record screen at scheduled times.

vincento

Due to this Corona Pandemic, the university changed their lesson to live calls by zoom. Now they also altered the schedule of the time these lessons will be given (dont know why?). And these times are very inconvenient for me because my work starts late in evening and so are these classes. Unfortunately the university does not agree to record the classes and put them on their own website, but told me I could self-record with strict rules to use only for myself.

I saw an option in OBS to load scripts with Python.
That's why I wanted to create a script with Python so I can record the classes in OBS and re-watch it by night. Does anyone can guide me to the right direction, as I am new to Python/OBS.. Or any script writing. The classes have the same times and duration, the professor sends an email with Meeting ID and password 12 hours before going live. What I do now is record from the moment I leave to work until I come back, and afterwards cut the video. I have created two .bat (start.bat / stop.bat) files, one will immediately start recording with OBS when opened and the other when opened will stop the OBS recording. Was wondering if I could make a script that would say for example, to open start.bat at 17:15 and open stop.bat at 20:00.