Question / Help Trying to stream DAW audio on Macbook Retina

smoke_thief

So far,

The incompatibility with DAW/external soundcard audio is just a nightmare. My setup is Macbook retina + MOTU Ultralite. I've tried sending the audio via Wavtap and Soundflower but both induce latency that destroys usability.

The only brainwave I've had is trying to record the output of the MOTU ultralite back into the line-in port on the macbook retina, the only problem is the line-in port is a stupid dual-function headphone/line-in, so it doesn't recognise standard audio cables.

Japan has no online Apple support, so I'm totally unable to find out if there's a specific adaptor that would let me record a mono or stereo signal (not a mic) into the Retina's line-in port and back into OBS.
If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Chidorin

may be try audio hijack (there is a trial version), it can route sounds from specific apps/sources to specific output devices and add adjustments. Personally I find it a magic app for streaming also because I don't have to change system output to 3rd party ones (just use apple default and manage routes in audio hijack).

p.s. i use ishowu audio capture (free), seems more stable than others and haven't had any desyncs as with soundflower