Question / Help Trying to Capture iPhone Audio AND Microphone

icanswiim70

Hey everyone, i've been googlig like a mad man trying to figure this one out and still have no answer.

*MY SETUP*

- 2013 MACBOOK AIR
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB SSD

PROBLEM

I have gotten into streaming, and love the OBS program for overlays, HOWEVER. The I device Audio!!! I know theres a thread already about i showu helping, but that appears to only be for capturing mac desktop sound.

What i'm looking to do is have the audio from iPhone for example and my microphone so i can talk about what i'm streaming, not iphone audio OR my microphone.

The ISHOWU tutorials i watched almost fried my mac so im not prepared to use that program anymore.

How in the hell can you capture both audio inputs???

Thanks everyone!

Narcogen

For most setups you will need to be able to capture Mac desktop sound in order to be able to get audio from an iPhone. OBS sees an iPhone connected via USB as a webcam without a microphone.

The usual free way of doing this would be to start a new QuickTime Player Movie Recording, select the iPhone as your camera, and use the volume slider which will control the volume of audio output from the phone to the default system audio device.

You then use the established methods (iShowU, SoundFlower, or LoopBack) to capture that sound.

Hey everyone, i've been googlig like a mad man trying to figure this one out and still have no answer.

*MY SETUP*

- 2013 MACBOOK AIR
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB SSD

PROBLEM

I have gotten into streaming, and love the OBS program for overlays, HOWEVER. The I device Audio!!! I know theres a thread already about i showu helping, but that appears to only be for capturing mac desktop sound.

What i'm looking to do is have the audio from iPhone for example and my microphone so i can talk about what i'm streaming, not iphone audio OR my microphone.

The ISHOWU tutorials i watched almost fried my mac so im not prepared to use that program anymore.

How in the hell can you capture both audio inputs???

Thanks everyone!

Feb. 19, 2021 - Still haven't seen a good answer to this issue. - Christopher

Bolton

Narcogen's answer is actually a valid work around. You just will need to run OBS and Quicktime in order to do it.

rafaelunplugged

This actually works perfectly.
I use Logic + Blackhole to get my logic effects for mic guitar + looper to OBS
then SWB Capture for YouTube from Safari
Then Activate Movie Recorder, use iPhone as source for video and mic and it auto captures also to OBS (I assume via SWB?) and video PIP.

M1 Mac mini base model.