Transitions Scenes & Multiview & Arduino

EmileCervia

First of all, congratulations for the job !!!

For scene transitions, would it be possible to choose between the cut or fade ?

for a better user interface, would it be possible to add a multiview with the external sources of the PC (acquisition cards !) ?
Cameras are rarely adjacent to the computer, and it is often necessary to see the content before displaying it, even if it is of very poor quality! I'm not talking about a preview of scene to edit, I saw that we already talked about elsewhere...

I guess it could be useful or fun to choose scenes from an Arduino kit (box buttons, light sensor or anything!), Is it possible to see a plug-in to get to manage interactions between Arduino and OBS?

Thanks !

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Scene transitions are planned, I believe. A multiview is something that would be cool to have, too.

As for the Arduino switcher, I assume you're talking about something like this? All that does is send keypresses to the system, and OBS already supports switching to a scene with a hotkey, so I don't see a reason why this wouldn't already work.

If you're looking for something more complicated than that, a plugin would have to be made that is particular to the implementation of however the Arduino wants to send messages. In other words, either the Arduino device would already have to exist and a plugin written to conform to its API, or would have to be developed simultaneously with the OBS plugin.

Perhaps it's time to develop a standard way for a USB-connected switcher to control inputs on compliant software? Is that a pipe dream?

EmileCervia

I didn't know this Arduino switcher, but I want to do the same!
This will give more ergonomic use of OBS.

With multiview for outside sources, our computers become real mixers open source!

The projector function is a very good idea!!!! It would be really cool to add the possibility to send the image via a blackmagic card.

Thanks !