[Tool] OBS Timer - The Easy to Use Countdown Timer

MikBe

I wanted a very simple countdown timer for OBS when I stream iRacing. My goal was to make something simple that didn't require micromanagement.

So, I created OBS Timer:
zEQLISM.png

OBS Timer does all the work for you, no need to tell it to update the time, no need to do math, no need to press a button 45 times and clear out the seconds: it just works.

The time is set automatically and it turns off the countdown when you're done. You don't even have to worry about the time format, it's always hh:mm:ss.

All the buttons are preset for 15 minute intervals that advance automatically as time progresses. Want to set a countdown timer? Press a button.

The only thing you need to know is that the output file is saved into your documents directory (obs_timer_text.txt). Add that as a text layer in OBS and you're good to go.

Download here:
https://github.com/mikbe/OBS_Timer/releases
All you need to do is run the downloaded file and the install will do everything for you. It even opens OBS automatically for you.

Source code here:
https://github.com/mikbe/OBS_Timer

Note: This is an alpha release, I've only tested it on two computers, so if you have any problems please post here or on GitHub so I can fix them.

Imper1um

You really need to allow people to specify what time they want to select, instead of having a static 8 buttons. Why not a drop down?

Krinny

I prefer this over the other 2 countdown timers for OBS.
Reason? It doesn't constantly write to your harddrive.

Snaz and the Countdown plugin (for CLR browser) both modify a text file constantly.

This program could be fixed for a dropdown menu, or don't rename the buttons text.
Simply have them named as "5 Minutes" "10 Minutes" ... etc

Brooklyn11218

I love this. You had the same issue with SNAZ that I do. I hate having to manually set the countdown each time. The only thing is, as others have said, it would be nice to be able to set your own time. I run a trivia show and would like to be able to set timers for a few seconds to a minute so people have time to get their answers in.