[Tool] eXstream Assistant - Previously Demix Stream Helper

Demix

Well hello there, OBS Community. I've been wondering around the forums for the past week after having decided to take my stream to a new "professional" level and looking for things to make my stream better with OBS. I've seen many wonderful tools created by you guys so I decided I would have a go at it myself and I threw together what I'm calling the "DSH" (Demix Stream Helper) - I'm totally open for new ideas at a name by the way. It was originally called the Spotify Song Catcher (It was born with a single purpose) but soon evolved into something more. Edit: It's been renamed the eXstream Assistant. This tool is inspired by everyone else's I've seen and I shall be giving credit where it is due. There are many bugs due to it being in the early stages but I enjoy stuff like this so hopefully it's beneficial to some. I will work the kinks out of it as soon as I'm able to.

a few images of it:
xsa104.png

Purpose and Functionality:

Thus far; the program keeps the local time (With any format you can imagine) and outputs it to a text file so users can easily put their local time on their stream. I find it useful when broadcasting to users who are on the other side of the world. The program also does what it was originally intended to do. It pulls the Song and Artist from Spotify and displays it in a nice text file with parsing and actual spaces after it! (Reason I made it was because I scroll my song on my stream and the few people that had tackled Spotify had left the string in a fixed format with no way to add empty spaces before after etc. I will be adding more customisation to this at a later date. Custom user spaces and whatnot (That's all done and added now!). I also intend to add functionality for many other players too. (Again already done for several players) Right, my app also pulls the amount of viewers from the API so you can see how many people are watching you (and put it on your stream if you see fit, you may be going for a new goal or something and want to "highlight" it? It's just an extra function anyway. Oh also I've added a little "Win/Lose" counter (as you can see a lot of my features are inspired by the awesome community here hehe) this basically Sets a file to output with W0 | L0 and this can be increased and decreased via hotkeys which are currently hard set (I will change this soon) These are Alt+F5 = Win Up, Alt+F6 = Lose Up, Alt+F7 = Win Down, Alt+F8 = Lose Down and finally Alt+F9 = Reset Score. This is just a simple little feature that I thought was nifty so I added it! Right, the app also interfaces with the API, allowing users to change their channel title and game much like Dashboard Lite (Much inspiration for that whole part of this app was gained from using the awesome little tool that is DL). App has a few other nifty little features like displaying your Display Pic and whatnot. I have huge plans for the future but I really wanted some feedback and to see if anyone was interested first before I dedicate more time to it.

Current Version: 1.0.4

Download From: http://www.demixgaming.co.uk/eXstream Assistant 1.0.4.rar
Latest Version as of 27/05/13 15:30 GMT

Virus Scan on file Results: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...55b3a9fb951496a223379582/analysis/1368733207/

Documentation:

None available at the moment. A read me will be written eventually and maybe a small manual/guide for the app.

Known Bugs:

There must be some but I have none to report yet... White Box testing and all that jazz.
Edit: First bug found, the timeout between getting Auth Code and Token is too short in some instances. Causes a 404 Error and a dropped Token (Which causes the program to be pretty useless unless restarted. All fixed now.
Second Bug Turns out it was trying to make a file in a directory not created yet so i fixed the code for that too, and the authentication process is much smoother now. All fixed and updated now :)

Planned Features:

Below is a full list of planned features which will be added as soon as I get the time. If anyone has
any feedback on priority then that would be appreciated too.

Things in Bold are now completed

• Support for Multiple Audio/Web players;
    Winamp, Itunes, VLC, Grooveshark, YouTube & any other requested.

Priority settings to control which media input will be the one pushed
    to the output file ready for the stream done

Custom user set amount of "white space" after song strings (This is the
    whole reason I started this project as no one left any spaces after the
    strings so I decided to build a "song catcher". There is a simple algorithm
    in place currently to determine a good amount of spaces after the string but
    I shall leave it in as default and have custom too done

Add "time stream has been live" which I've been trying to pull from OBS but
    as the OBS StatusBar is being generated by a parent I can't simply catch it
    via window catching.. I will have to actually dig into the OBS API and I
    actually suck at programming so that's kind of a grey area right now :P I still
    want it as a feature though!

Possible logging of "when stream went live / when stream went down" and how many
    viewers at such and such a time to give the streamer a basic set of data to
    analyse to "improve" their stream layout etc..

File paths will be changeable in case people don't like the /resources folder.
    You can always delete it and it will regenerate when you open the app anyway for now!

Possibly delete all files on exit to save... a whole 10-20kb of space? this is just
    something some people may like to keep their machine "clean" but that's something
    I'm unsure on even adding (it would be an option much like saving Auth key anyway)

Add formatting options to the time string - pretty self explanatory here done

Add options to change the hotkeys of the little "score" function and also the formatting!

Add Opacity options (Simple)

Automatically updating stream information when you close/open certain games or maybe at certain times.
    It's easy and very possible but I just need to work the details out here! My client has some
    early version of this running already but it's unstable so I will hold that one back for now.

Oh, I didn't mention. I will also be writing a small light IRC client into the app with wait for it...
    the ability to hook into games and work via the overlay. It's going to be a pain in the ass to
    get this functionality without any performance drops (I've been told some people drop fps with poor
    hooks) so I will make sure I perfect this before rolling it out!

Oh and finally, the website that the API uses to authenticate (aka my website) I will fix the Auth page
    to make it look more appealing.

Ah I will also implement an auto-update feature at some point so people won't have to keep hunting for the latest version (I intend to update this as often as I can)

Notable OBS Community Members which (most unknowingly) helped me a great deal with this;

Bkid (I was helped a lot regarding my initial playing with the API from watching his app!), dehixem, takishan, Yachak, tHesR5 (I borrowed one of his online/offline images. I hope he doesn't mind!) and finally paibox for his awesome Dashboard Lite and the assistance he gave me regarding which protocol to use to connect to that damn API :P

I want to thank everyone in the OBS Community for making this happen, because without
your already awesome little apps and tools this wouldn't have been possible at all. If anyone feels I have infringed upon their work then please let me know and I will do my utmost to rectify that. I hope you all find some use for my tool anyway and any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated! I'm pretty sure some things like font DPI will break it at the moment but if enough interest is gained I will fix that.

Demix

Re: [Tool] Demix Stream Helper Version 1 (More like early Be

Sorry ball2hi, does that occur every time? May I ask which operating system you're trying to run it on? I apologise for the slow reply, I was at a friends stag do over the weekend.

Edit: I couldn't manage to reproduce the error but I did find that I had referenced the JSON.Net Library incorrectly. This has since been rectified and I have uploaded a new version to reflect that. This version also has Winamp support (kind of) which needs tweaking. I will do that soon.

ball2hi

Occurs every time. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Hopefully the new version will have the issue fixed.

Demix

Just to say, new version is now uploaded. I've fixed that JSON Library issue by using static linking to embed the dll into my executable (makes it less cumbersome and easier to move about). I hope the new features are useful!

Wolfbane

Re: [Tool] eXstream Assistant - Previously Demix Stream Help

Possible to get FooBar added to the songlist ?

Demix

I'm implementing FooBar and ITunes support as we speak and will update this post and the main post when I've put the new version online.

Edit: almost done. Just tweaking the customizability of the foobar output.. they like to make it complicated and add the album name :P it's okay though. "(?<artist>.*)\s\-\s\[(?<album>[^\]]+)\#(?<sno>[^\]]+)\]\s(?<song>.*)" - that's the perfect regular expression to capture and parse it all. I'm just tidying it up and will edit again to let you know when it's up

Wolfbane

Awesome...

Btw, I have my own channel, and I stream on another companies stream 3h every day. How does that work if I try and fiddle around with "Change Title" "Game PLaying" would this plugin work for me, or can the plugin only work on your own stream so to say. I only use my own login, when I stream on the companies twitch site, I do not use there login, Im only type in the key, and then start streaming.

Demix

Wolfbane said:
Awesome...

Btw, I have my own channel, and I stream on another companies stream 3h every day. How does that work if I try and fiddle around with "Change Title" "Game PLaying" would this plugin work for me, or can the plugin only work on your own stream so to say. I only use my own login, when I stream on the companies twitch site, I do not use there login, Im only type in the key, and then start streaming.

That's the beauty of this application. I've made it so you can technically still get details from other peoples streams without having to authenticate and log in etc. You would just leave the Authentication tab alone and enter the user name of the channel you're streaming from, like so:

exampleiz.png

Now as you can see, it's taking all of the info from that stream and you can still play with the text files etc and use them on your stream. Also the update is taking slightly longer than I expected so I apologise for that. I'm just trying to iron out a few more bugs, plus it's the wedding rehearsal for my best friend today (he's getting hitched in a few days!) and as the best man I'm pretty stressed ha-ha, dare say nearly as much as he is. Anyway, I will try and roll it out as soon as I can!

Wolfbane

I think you missunderstod what I ment. Or I did missunderstood what you ment.
I understand the program can GET the information from any channel, but can I change it without loggin in as that "Owner" ?

Im a streamer on another channel "SmiteFire" and I have the Dashboards rights to that account, since the owner of "SmiteFire" have given the power to me to change titel of the stream, and play commercials and stuff like that, that is what the Dashboard is for. BUT... I do not login as "SmiteFire" I use my own login "LokiMadness" so the only thing I have is the stream key. And if I login as "LokiMadness" then my channel is "www.twitch.tv/LokiMadness" and not "www.twitch.tv/SmiteFire" = the I would assume the program does not understand that Im loged in as LokiMAdness and try to change the titel and play commercial on a totally other channel.

Or can the Twitch recognize my authority by using this program so I can use play commercials and stuff that normally needs the Dashboard.

Demix

Ah sorry, I understand now. To be honest with you this is something I haven't tested. I will look into it though, but at the moment I haven't added the ability to play an add from my app anyway. This is something that can be easily added though. I will play around and see if I can get my app to be able to read the channel info of another channel which it is authorised to do so and then update it. It sounds kind of tricky to be fair but I will do my best.

Jordendb

Hey,
Can i add pandora? to music player list
Could you do a tutorial?