Toggle On/Off Different Audio Filters automatically while Transitioning b/t Scenes Manually.

Yoshimon

Hey everyone,

I'll try to be brief. At my church, I use OBS and use the mixer for live stream/congregation/narrowcasting. Within OBS, I have audio filters for the vocals/singers and different filters for the pastor. I also have the Filter dialog box open to switch on/off different filters. Is there a way to automatically toggle on/off the audio filters when I transition from say "Vocals/Singers" (with denoiser off) camera to "Pastors" (with denoiser on) camera?

I've looked at plugins like "Audio Monitor" to "Advanced Scene Switcher" and "Transition Table" is really, REALLY close to what I'm looking for but it doesn't have the "option" to toggle on/off anything, like a macro or something.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

DCStrato

Hi Yoshimon,

I think I understood what you were wanting to do. I took a few hours and wrote this lua script to see if it was what you were looking to do. You can add as many of these sources to your scenes as you need. Each one allows you to choose an audio source and a filter to modify either as Enabled or Disabled. Each added source to a scene will be renamed to something like "Enable Expander for Mic/Aux" to describe what it is going to do when the scene is loaded.

Cheers,
D.C.

Attachments

• EnableDisableAudioFilters.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 77

Yoshimon

I think I understood what you were wanting to do. I took a few hours and wrote this lua script to see if it was what you were looking to do. You can add as many of these sources to your scenes as you need. Each one allows you to choose an audio source and a filter to modify either as Enabled or Disabled. Each added source to a scene will be renamed to something like "Enable Expander for Mic/Aux" to describe what it is going to do when the scene is loaded.

Cheers,
D.C.
[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness. This is PERFECT! Dude, you're amazing. If you have Paypal or something, lunch is on me, lol. Thank you so much

DCStrato

Yoshimon

Here is an update that might fix a possible duplicate source name issue with OBS.

DC

Attachments

1.6 KB · Views: 48

ShayHart

Yoshimon

Here is an update that might fix a possible duplicate source name issue with OBS.

DC
Hey there, I found your plug-in via a Google Search and it seems to be exactly what I need. However, it seems to have some incompatibilities with OBS 28.0.3 for me. If I try to install multiple instances (since I have a scene that has several filters), it crashes my OBS.

Is there a chance the Script needs to be updated for OBS 28?

Also, I wanted to ask if you would be able to create the Script in such a way that multiple Audio/Video Sources could have Filters enabled once the Scene becomes activated? To give you an idea of what I'm trying to do, I have a Channel Redemption for Stream where Chat can turn my Stream into a vintage film style look, and once they do, I have a video filter that activates, and my audio has a Radio Compression that activates too via a Hotkey Button on my Stream Deck. The Stream Deck hotkey is inconsistent and doesn't always activate, but something automatically activating once the Scene becomes active would be perfect!

Thank you in advance if you're able to get back to me about this!

DCStrato

Hey there, I found your plug-in via a Google Search and it seems to be exactly what I need. However, it seems to have some incompatibilities with OBS 28.0.3 for me. If I try to install multiple instances (since I have a scene that has several filters), it crashes my OBS.

Is there a chance the Script needs to be updated for OBS 28?

Also, I wanted to ask if you would be able to create the Script in such a way that multiple Audio/Video Sources could have Filters enabled once the Scene becomes activated? To give you an idea of what I'm trying to do, I have a Channel Redemption for Stream where Chat can turn my Stream into a vintage film style look, and once they do, I have a video filter that activates, and my audio has a Radio Compression that activates too via a Hotkey Button on my Stream Deck. The Stream Deck hotkey is inconsistent and doesn't always activate, but something automatically activating once the Scene becomes active would be perfect!

Thank you in advance if you're able to get back to me about this!
Hi Shay
I am traveling but will take a look at this as soon as I get back next week. I don't actually use the script and just wrote it because someone needed it. I am still working through issues with 28. It fixed a lot of things and may have opened up new holes for scripts to fall into that were not there before. I will look and see if I can find why multiple instances might be causing problems. Many to many association in OBS is difficult within the UI that does not support tables. Assume you want multiple filters for multiple audio/video sources to activate with the scene. The result is a lot of dynamically loaded lists. Add sources to a list then add filters to a list per source. Stay tuned and I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks.

D.C.

ShayHart

Hi Shay
I am traveling but will take a look at this as soon as I get back next week. I don't actually use the script and just wrote it because someone needed it. I am still working through issues with 28. It fixed a lot of things and may have opened up new holes for scripts to fall into that were not there before. I will look and see if I can find why multiple instances might be causing problems. Many to many association in OBS is difficult within the UI that does not support tables. Assume you want multiple filters for multiple audio/video sources to activate with the scene. The result is a lot of dynamically loaded lists. Add sources to a list then add filters to a list per source. Stay tuned and I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks.

D.C.
Thank you so much. If it's too much, don't stress over it. I appreciate you getting back to me!

DCStrato

Hi Shay,

I am still looking into the many to many options in a single source, but I am also not finding issues with multiple instances modifying filters for different audio/video sources using the attached update I had sent to Yoshimon last year. You only have to add the script once, then you can add as many enable/disable sources as you want to a single scene and choose a different source and filter for each one. At least I can without issues so far.
sources.png

William

Attachments

1.6 KB · Views: 54