Timing or Size crop functionality?

Bane Williams

Hi there. Firstly, thank you for such an incredible and versatile piece of software, it is extremely amazing.

I've had a few issues with OBS not compressing a recording when I stop streaming, and I record in MP4 because it seems I lose some quality converting through ffmpeg. I don't mind losing some files, but some of them are hours of recording lost because of this.

Is there any way to have OBS create a new file at certain intervals? Every 30 minutes, or a user definable setting? This would do two things:

- It would make it so that way any corrupted MP4 is less of a loss than normal

- It would make large files actually openable in VLC (Since they would actually be small files). As it stands, extremely large files still have issues in VLC despite your repeated attempts to fix that on your end. You patch, it fixes it for a while, then it breaks again. I have to actually open video files in chrome or Vegas to check them.

Let me know if this is doable, or what you code in so I could write the code myself and shoot it your way to check over if you would prefer.

Wolfbane

I can ask the question again.

Is there any way to have OBS create a new file at certain intervals? Every 30 minutes, or a user definable setting?