Timed recording/streaming chunks

CaptainNeuro

I'm not sure if it's been requested already or not, but it'd be amazing to have something like this.

For example, stopping and immediately restarting the stream/recording at chosen time sections. Mostly, this'd be a quality of life change, and obviously pretty low priority, but it'd be a fantastically useful thing for people like me who are too dumb to remember to stop/start the stream every half hour or so.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
He never specified that it was Twitch he was streaming to, but if it is Twitch, there are better solutions to making cuts than stopping/starting the stream, such as pressing this button.

CaptainNeuro

It was really just a ballpark number.

The actual reason is partially because when doing long streams or recordings, it's easier and far more convenient from a reviewing and editing perspective to have several shorter videos instead of one longer one. Additionally, on the local recording side of things, if something bad were to happen such as a software crash or hardware error that prevents the footage from being usable, it's better to have lost half an hour's (Again, ballpark figure. I'd imagine it'd be changable/entirely optional) footage than a 6 hour stream.

Really, it's just one of those convenience/Quality of Life additions that's not really necessary, but could be very useful, especially for people who use OBS for local recording.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The ability to split local recordings by time/size has been requested several times before. I was just curious as to what you were needing it for.