Resource icon

Free Tidal Simple Song Grabber (Windows Only) 2019-06-02

saddrix

saddrix submitted a new resource:

Tidal Simple Song Grabber (Windows Only) - Simple Song Grabber for Tidal Music Streaming

I decided to make a tool to grab song names from Tidal to use with OBS labels since the only one that exists only worked with the web browser and costs money. In order to use the tool, simply click enable and a file titled "CurrentSongDetails.txt" will be created in the same location as the .exe file for the program. Using this, you can display the current song in the form " Current Song: <song name> - <song artist> ", formatted for a clean look for scrolling text. The song title will...

Read more about this resource...

Brownd

Been using this since last month and works like a charm! Thanks for providing a TIDAL compatible tool :D
Any chance it could be updated with custom formatting and separate files for title, artist and even album/year?

toddg777

Been using this since last month and works like a charm! Thanks for providing a TIDAL compatible tool :D
Any chance it could be updated with custom formatting and separate files for title, artist and even album/year?
Could you help me set up, having issues with it displaying the Song Name and Artist. I have text in my scene that is configured to the "CurrentSongDetails.txt" and when I run the .exe file it creates a file with that name, but it never puts the Song Name and Artist in it or in my scene. Thanks for your help.

iGod

Hello,
i think the author already explained the whole thing:
In order to use the tool, simply click enable and a file titled "CurrentSongDetails.txt" will be created in the same location as the .exe file for the program. Using this, you can display the current song in the form " Current Song: <song name> - <song artist> ", formatted for a clean look for scrolling text.

But if there are still some questions open, here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Download the .exe-file
2. Put it in a location you remember and don't acidentially delete it
3. Start Tidal (in Browser or the Tidal Desktop, which is more or less only a representaiton of a browser tab)
4. Start the .exe-file (and if the Microsoft Defender give a warning, say "Allow anyway")
5. In OBS-Studio in your scene create a Text (GDI+).
6. Give it a title (f. ex. Music Title Tag) and Press "OK"
7. In the next screen choose "Text from file" and point to the .txt-file

Optional:
8. Choose your preffered font and font size
9. Get yourself a beer, lean back, and enjoy.

Cheers