Things missing from classic in studio that shouldn't be...

Bensam123

Welp, I figure it's better then making multiple threads at this point.

Automatic low latency mode and minimize network impact are both missing. I'm not sure which of these are included or changed in studio, but I need both of them to get an acceptable ping on my network. Studio has neither option. I get pings from 38ms roughly spiking to 130ms for a couple seconds then go back down in studio. I can't stream on studio with this.

Network rainbow color indicator is missing. This is great for diagnosing network stability problems and figuring out when the stream is about to explode. It's missing in studio.

Preview mode is missing. I made a thread on this, but just to consolidate at this point. Specifically being able to simulate the workload on your CPU and troubleshoot utilization issues and experimental configurations. Right now you have to use a dummy twitch page. This is no bueno specifically because some people don't want to show up in their pajamas on a random page someone may be able to find.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Please stop posting these threads in the OBS Classic forum. I've moved them to the OBS Studio forum.

Bensam123

OBS Studio doesn't have a feedback/suggestion forum. All the useful feedback posts get lost in this giant mega-repository never to see the light of day.

They make subforums for a reason.

Bensam123

Your saying that as if that's a well known spreadsheet that I should've looked at in the 'suggestion FAQ' that doesn't exist in the help forums.

That aside, your spreadsheet is still missing automatic low latency mode. That's different from minimize network impact.

'Preview mode' is also crossed out, however, the 'live preview' in Studio does not engage the renderer so you can't use it for performance analysis and debugging, which is what I was talking about. That was a option in classic.

So based on your list, I don't think they are aware.

The network health indicator is on there though. That's good. ^^

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Your saying that as if that's a well known spreadsheet that I should've looked at in the 'suggestion FAQ' that doesn't exist in the help forums.

That aside, your spreadsheet is still missing automatic low latency mode. That's different from minimize network impact.

'Preview mode' is also crossed out, however, the 'live preview' in Studio does not engage the renderer so you can't use it for performance analysis and debugging, which is what I was talking about. That was a option in classic.

So based on your list, I don't think they are aware.

The network health indicator is on there though. That's good. ^^

To clarify, that's not my spreadsheet. It's from @Gol D. Ace's forum signature, and I'm pretty sure the spreadsheet gets mentioned to the developer pretty much every time a new feature is added. Even if there's a feature in Classic that's missing from Studio that's not in that spreadsheet, rest assured that someone reminds the developer of feature parity every time a new OBS Studio release is made.

Osiris

Every feature of Classic will make it into Studio at some point. It's just a matter of which one get's priority.

Last edited:

Bensam123

Every feature of Classic will make it into Studio at some point. It's just a matter of which one get's priority.

Not sure how many people use those two settings for stabilizing their connection, but I can't use studio without those two features. It's not really a 'oh this doesn't transition right' feature, the program is literally unusuable on my connection due to the spikes I get without them enabled.

To clarify, that's not my spreadsheet. It's from @Gol D. Ace's forum signature, and I'm pretty sure the spreadsheet gets mentioned to the developer pretty much every time a new feature is added. Even if there's a feature in Classic that's missing from Studio that's not in that spreadsheet, rest assured that someone reminds the developer of feature parity every time a new OBS Studio release is made.

Good. Well what I'm mentioning isn't on the spreadsheet and I'm not going to believe in the unsaid word, so I'ts being said here.

I haven't checked up on h.264 decoding for RTMP, I'll report back here on that as well. Also a feature that should be in studio, although was never in classic.

Bensam123

Still curious why there isn't a feedback/suggestion forum for studio. It's really easy for posts like this to get absolutely buried in the help/bug report portion of the forum.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It has the Feedback prefix, which is sortable. I check the Studio feedback posts regularly.

Also, it's a bit awkward separating platform-specific feedback from general platform-agnostic feedback, and we didn't want a proliferation of subforums that people would be bound to misuse. We also didn't want to nest forums too deeply within each other, either. I agree it's not a perfect solution, but it's what we have for now. If we find the need to clean things up in the future, we will.

Bensam123

I don't think having a suggestion forum under classic or studio is hard to read. It just seems to help bury suggestion posts or discussions in the breadth of bug/help posts.

Even if there is a button to sort, which is under another button (fun), most people aren't going to do that. It's not just about you or a couple regulars as this is a community forum for OBS (do the devs also check the suggestions regularly in the support forum?). It's pretty silly. Pretty much every piece of software ever made has a suggestion forum or something where they can have discussion about features (including classic and older forums here).

This posts despite not having visited the forums in four days, is buried eight pages deep under help posts. All the suggestion and feedback posts are suffering the same fate. Not that help posts don't have merit, but a lot of people don't come here to dig through the help forums to talk about features and suggestions.