"The virtual camera is not installed" ???? Why

Mark Eisenman

How do I solve this problem please.
Running OBS 30.0 on a Mac OS 14.1.1

"The virtual camera is not installed.
Please allow OBS to install system software in System Settings → Privacy & Security → Security.
You may need to restart OBS if this message still appears afterward."

No matter what I have tried I get the same error message.
Of course, now OBS is not available as a source for ZOOM.
Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Mark Eisenman

How do I solve this problem please.
Running OBS 30.0 on a Mac OS 14.1.1

Please allow OBS to install system software in System Settings → Privacy & Security → Security.

No matter what I have tried I get the same error message.
Of course, now OBS is not available as a source for ZOOM.
Any suggestions would be appreciated?
THIS is solved. I had to make sure I was in PRIVACY settings to allow OBS to fully install.

procubate

THIS is solved. I had to make sure I was in PRIVACY settings to allow OBS to fully install.
HI. Glad you're solved, but I'm not seeing a menu called security in the Privacy and Security System settings on my macbook (Sonoma 14.2).
Also, what do you mean you had to be 'in Privacy settings to install OBS?'

Would be great to also understand the path/steps you took to solved it, as I'm having the same issue too.

Thank you!!!

procubate

OK. I've solved it too...
And here's how.
On the Privacy & Security section of the system settings, if you scroll down, you see a section called Security.
Because OBS needed extra permissions to what it already had, a button appeared called 'Details' in that Security section. By clicking on that 'Details' button you can see any apps that are blocked, which included OBS. Enabling OBS there then allowed the virtual camera to work as a webcam in Zoom. All up and running, and ready to broadcast!
I restarted OBS but am not sure if I needed to.

Hope this helps others who couldn't find the settings for the same issue which gave the message:

ccoscot

VISUALLY...this is what you are looking for:

1710282395630.png

Hermes1972

OK. I've solved it too...
And here's how.
On the Privacy & Security section of the system settings, if you scroll down, you see a section called Security.
Because OBS needed extra permissions to what it already had, a button appeared called 'Details' in that Security section. By clicking on that 'Details' button you can see any apps that are blocked, which included OBS. Enabling OBS there then allowed the virtual camera to work as a webcam in Zoom. All up and running, and ready to broadcast!
I restarted OBS but am not sure if I needed to.

Hope this helps others who couldn't find the settings for the same issue which gave the message:
This solved the issue. The fix is tiny and easy to miss. Wow. Thank you.