Question / Help The screen recording freezes on the first few frames but the audio continues. What is the cause?

Evandro Paul

My friend is having issues with her OBS recording. I only recently installed mine and I had audio issues where I later fixed. I don't know what's the problem with her screen recording and I saw people with similar problems would post here their logs but issues vary with PC specs or just bad settings. Any help is welcomed. Thank you in advance!

Also, if it helps, her computer is really slow because of the amount of things she has on her computer so that may be a reason. I've already told her to backup her things are reset her computer or at least backup most of it.

If you need any more information, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you

Attachments

• 2020-04-03 13-06-49.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 5

koala

This machine is well below the minimal system requirements. The CPU is too weak to do any live video encoding. If you're lucky, you might have Hardware (Quicksync) available as encoder. Switch from x264 to Quicksync. To additionally reduce system load, reduce base resolution as well as output resolution to 640x480, and you might reduce the fps from 30 to 25 or 15.