Question / Help The Darkmod: no in-game audio issue.

b1k3rdude

Morning

I am one of the devs for TDM (The Darkmod, www.thedarkmod.com), and rescently I have been researching andf testing with the use of Twitch.

To begin with I started using Shadowplay w/desktop capture, but this is very clunky and GFE is nothing short of bloatware/spyware. So then I found OBS and for normal games (eg Dyinglight) it works just fine, but for TDM obs refuses to capture the in-game audio.

I had OBS set to default sound playback/recording devices (which worked fine for Dyinglight) but nada, the only way to get any in-game audio was to set the mic to 'What you hear'. But the issue then is I am unable to record anything from my mic..?! See attached.

TDM uses the IDtech4 engine and I am windows Win7 sp1, with an Xfi sound card. Any help/pointers would be appreciated and in the meantime I am going to try local recording to see if I can get it working from my end.

biker.

Attachments

• tdm_obs.JPG
    tdm_obs.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 6
It looks like you are using the original OBS, version 0.657? Can you try with OBS Studio as well, available from the download page, current version is 0.13.1. Original OBS is no longer being actively developed and so any fixes would need to be in OBS Studio anyway. Let us know if OBS Studio works.