Text stops working in live Facebook

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the text work after I plug in switcher and HDMI, the text stops working the entire service. Can anyone help me out with this issue please. I still am able to go live with the church program but no on-screen text. I have to enter it on the fly LIVE. No text in preview window THANK YOU

AaronD

"Text" can mean any number of things. It could be a literal text source, or it could be a dedicated video or NDI feed that only happens to give you a rendition of text, etc. Each way to get symbols on a screen works completely differently, and can't have the same set of potential problems.

How is your rig set up? Where does OBS get *all* of its sources from? A graphical diagram would be really nice!

Lawrence_SoCal

For our House of Worship, the only time I'd ever be manually typing something to display on livestream is if something 'broke', but video still going out, and I needed to put up a quick notice (and even for that, I have a pre-created Text Box with a generic notice of 'tech issue, working on it')
So, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The beauty of OBS Studio is its flexibility and power, but that requires a significant end-user effort to 'RTFM'... as an experienced IT professional, I found OBS Studio to have a steep learning curve... but then again, so would almost any other real-time video compositing software.

For us, our service bulletin is copied into PowerPoint for use in livestreaming... so if I see an error, and I turn off my Source (Windows Capture of PPT), go full screen video, make a quick edit in PPT, and go back to displaying video and PPT
For some parts of the service, where full screen video makes sense, but some brief text making sense, I'd pre-configured those 'labels' ahead of time. Examples include Prelude, Offertory, Postlude music titles, and a few others.
For music congregation is to sing, we simply have the music page displayed (we don't do the scrolling lyrics routine for specific reasons, but that's just us/our style. I get why this would be appropriate for others)

back in pandemic lockdown days, I'd get the 'Sermon questions' in advance, so again, no need to type during service.

My $0.02... running a livestream broadcast means watching video and audio, and more. For us, it also means being the 'digital usher'. So, I'm not going to add to that 'full plate' with manually typing anything. but different setups call for different approaches.
Oh, and I've not needed to use Studio Mode, even though I have plenty of hardware resources (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) to drive the 2X rendering that having a Preview window entails

So to Aaron's point - what 'text' and what are you trying to accomplish? Also, if you are using 3rd party plugins, those may not behave like OBS Studio native Text Source options

Lawrence_SoCal

Or, are you referring to Facebook comments? which is completely outside of OBS Studio (unless using interactive browser Source session, which I wouldn't advise in this scenario)