Resource icon

Tally counter 1.1.0

yoyoenmexico

upgradeQ submitted a new resource:

Tally counter - Hotkey counter

Read more about this resource...
Hello Im new in this and I dont know how to use it on my mac is there any one can help me Im completely new... I need into my stream 2 tally counters at the same time this is because I need to count positive items and negative items like good things and bad things and get a final number for example +25 with -5 in total 20 points and I wanted to do it LIVE watching a video how can I do it here in OBS?

I download and install the taly counter but I cant put the hotkeys I want and it has to be with the script window open always?

I hope someone can help me in the picture is the numbers down

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 08.34.19.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 08.34.19.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 3,331

GreenValkyrie

Thanks so much for this. Any chance there's a way to configure it so that the count carries over between scene changes within a scene collection?

upgradeQ

There is detailed setup in README.md , It does carries between scene changes, I bet you are using .lua version which I've linked as alternative to .py. Make sure to download from linked Github repository (Releases / DOWNLOAD), then follow instructions in README.

guythnick

I am needing more than two counters. The instructions on github state:
If you need additional COUNTERS , copy paste scripted_text.py , and add it again
Not sure where scripted_text.py is... is it depreciated? I didn't see anything in the script that made it seem like it would be an easy task to do, but I am probably missing something.

upgradeQ

I am needing more than two counters. The instructions on github state:

Not sure where scripted_text.py is... is it depreciated? I didn't see anything in the script that made it seem like it would be an easy task to do, but I am probably missing something.
No, that is typo you need to add this same script twice.

Is there a way to have this show both counters at once rather than having it switch between them?
No, there is an idea for that Make Dockable Scripts panel with user specified scripts · OBS Studio Ideas and Suggestions (obsproject.com) , though it is possible to add remote interface in this script and add that as a web dock

caiulogic

After installing OBS freezes whenever I try to go into Settings. I removed the script yet I am still experiencing the same issue.
Can you please help me remove it entirely?

keybladegames

The script sucks. I put it in the folder but doesnt show up in settings. I read the notepad file in the rar folder but it does very little to explain everything. Says something about a text file? making sure the python file is empty or something. I got no idea what its talking about. I got the py file installed on obs and yet no tallies. What gives?

upgradeQ

The script sucks. I put it in the folder but doesnt show up in settings. I read the notepad file in the rar folder but it does very little to explain everything. Says something about a text file? making sure the python file is empty or something. I got no idea what its talking about. I got the py file installed on obs and yet no tallies. What gives?
You need correct python executable for your system, it depends on OBS Studio version you have. If you have 21 - 27 version, you must install 32 or 64 bit Python 3.6, if it is 28 + any Python 3 + version will do. Also, which folder exactly? It mostly doesn't matter in which folder script resides, you can select correct path via explorer. There is also example scripts available when you press + button, try selecting .py one, if it doesn't loads then you have wrong Python executable or wrong Python location setting set in Scripts window.

chaimello

You need correct python executable for your system, it depends on OBS Studio version you have. If you have 21 - 27 version, you must install 32 or 64 bit Python 3.6, if it is 28 + any Python 3 + version will do. Also, which folder exactly? It mostly doesn't matter in which folder script resides, you can select correct path via explorer. There is also example scripts available when you press + button, try selecting .py one, if it doesn't loads then you have wrong Python executable or wrong Python location setting set in Scripts window.
Forewarning; have never done anything with OBS scripts. I have OBS 29.0.2, and installed Python 3.11. Checked to make sure the path to the Python install is correct, everything seems right. The option to set hotkeys is not appearing in the OBS settings. It's very likely I did something wrong, but would love to get this to work.

upgradeQ

Forewarning; have never done anything with OBS scripts. I have OBS 29.0.2, and installed Python 3.11. Checked to make sure the path to the Python install is correct, everything seems right. The option to set hotkeys is not appearing in the OBS settings. It's very likely I did something wrong, but would love to get this to work.
You could try updating OBS Studio on the beta channel or building the latest version, as 3.11 support has recently been added, or use any Python version from 3.6.8 to 3.10 for now. I've tested it on 3.10 and the hotkeys work.

Tomtaru

# Setup
For windows install [python3.6](https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-368/) 64 or 32 bit depending on your OBS
- Create text source
- Open `Tools>Scripts`
- Make sure Python path is not empty
- Add and select this script
- Set settings for it
- Set hotkeys in `File>Settings`

I have no idea what it is talking about...

I installed python, correct path after looking for the correct path for ages sine everyone just says "Add the path"\
I created a text source... didn't enter anything in, don't get an option to load a script into it.. what is it talking about?
Fine, I click Tools>Scripts, the options are: "defaults", "edit script" and "script log"... what is it talking about with "set settings for it?

If you write instructions, make them a bit more clear...

upgradeQ

I have no idea what it is talking about...

I installed python, correct path after looking for the correct path for ages sine everyone just says "Add the path"\
I created a text source... didn't enter anything in, don't get an option to load a script into it.. what is it talking about?
Fine, I click Tools>Scripts, the options are: "defaults", "edit script" and "script log"... what is it talking about with "set settings for it?

If you write instructions, make them a bit more clear...
Yeah, this is an old instruction, to be precisice Python path refers to path in "Python Settings" tab. The reason for adding the text source first is so that you don't have to reload OBS Studio or the script, it doesn't contain any script-related settings. In Tools>Scripts tab you will see settings for the script once you add them, also check out the latest way on how to add the script here https://obsproject.com/kb/scripting-guide
I have a picture guide on the GitHub repository. The reason it is not updated here is because it goes on week ~ month review by forum moderation staff when I edit it and resource will not be available.