Question / Help Syphon won't record screen

Wrexy

I've recently just installed/'injected' Syphon to OBS and whenever I click on a game I want to broadcast/record it won't show the game it only shows a black screen. I click on the application button but theres no source option

Narcogen

Syphon does not support all applications, only certain (usually single-window) OpenGL applications. What application are you trying to inject?

LOrtiz

I am actually having the same issue on my Mac, I am trying to live stream wow and every time I press the source to list the drop down, the only app it shows is blizzard app. When I click application the syphon window opens and I am able to see the WOW application but when I click it, it doesn't load it. I don't what else to do, HELP PLEASE!

HDL

Syphon is not a native macOS feature, it was made by independent developers here: http://www.syphon.v002.info

Most applications do not have Syphon support built-in. These are the normal steps to get them working in OBS:

1. Launch your OpenGL-based source.
  2. Run SyphonInject.
  3. Choose your application from the list and click "Inject" on the bottom left.
  4. Select it from the dropdown in OBS.

However this doesn't work with all apps. Some of them use OpenGL in odd ways and don't like SyphonInject very much. In that case you'd need a workaround, such as capturing the window with CamTwist and outputting that to Syphon, which will then be recognized by OBS.