Switching between multiple configurations (scenes) of the same video capture source?

Kizzume

I recently re-installed Windows, and therefore had to re-install OBS. I was able to do this before the re-install, but now I'm not sure what I did before.

What I want to do is have one scene where there are no filters and my camera (Video Capture Device) fills the window, and the other scene I want a display capture of one of my screens, with my camera overlayed on top of it that is resized and with an image mask/blend filter.

The problem I'm running across is that if I add an image mask/blend filter to the scene itself, the filter isn't resized with the camera (video capture device).

So I seem to be stuck with either not having a filter at all, or not being able to resize the video capture device.

What am I doing wrong? Or did functionality change with a newer version and this can't actually be achieved anymore?

Thanks.

Kizzume

Oh yeah, and the other thing I seem to be stuck with is having the filter apply no matter what size the camera is set for. So, I either have no filter at all, not being able to rezise, or having the filter on all the time.

What am I doing wrong?

koala

I'm unable to understand what you really want to achieve, but if you have multiple instances of the same source (such as your capture device), and you want to apply some filter to one instance but not to the other, you can create a group, put one webcam instance into that group and apply the desired filter to the group, not to the source directly. This way the filter is only active for one instance but not for the other.

Kizzume

Thanks. I want one scene to just be me on my camera, fullscreen. I want the other scene to be showing a webpage, fullscreen, with my camera resized and overlayed on top of it with a filter. I was able to do this before, but perhaps they took the option away on newer builds?