support for multichannel audio in rtmp

Gian

it was the same mic but with the "standard" OBS version (didn't realize I opened the wrong one) . I think even though I could hear the audio turning in the recording it was not real spatialization, just stereo

pkv

Developer
just tested live 360 and now both live and record have 4 channels. Can't check if this is proper ambisonics 4.0 order 1 though or if there is some downmixing. The ingest rtmp has 4 channels and after that , what fb live 360 is doing with the channels, i can't tell.
I tested with a media file with four channels.
You could try that too.

Ambisonic_7.1

Hi all. I just want to capture 7.1 surround sound (especially 4.0 ambisonic) data via games, dvdfab 5 playback, Reaper, etc. I downloaded pkv's music edition of OBS because I cant get the standard OBS to see more than 2 channels even though all of my settings are 7.1 from the control panel all the way to OBS including the bitrate at 1024 for the tracks, etc. I really would appreciate any help capturing in 7.1 and 4.0 Ambisonics. I would be overjoyed. Please help

pkv

Developer
well, it does work both in my fork and official obs; I wrote the surround sound support in official obs-studio, just expanding it to 16 channels. The ambisonics part was tested on FB live 360 by me and others. For support, the best is to show up on obs-studio discord server and ping me : @pkv

Ambisonic_7.1

well, it does work both in my fork and official obs; I wrote the surround sound support in official obs-studio, just expanding it to 16 channels. The ambisonics part was tested on FB live 360 by me and others. For support, the best is to show up on obs-studio discord server and ping me : @pkv
Thank you!! Will do later today!!

Ambisonic_7.1

I found ya nevermind. Pinged ya
Im simply trying to capture internal sound from the gameplay on my pc or whatever media player, DAW playing ambisonic or 7.1 audio. obs only sees 2 channels active the other 6 are inactive but there is clearly audio in my headphones at 7.1 or ambi

mt2-knight

Hi there,

Seeing as this thread is still active i'd like to jump in here to see if anyone has any applicable experience and can potentially help me with my implementation.

I'm currently in a research cycle where I am investigating the feasibility of live streaming immersive audio for VR with a particular interest in achieving a resolution above 1OA, i'm keen to see if this version of OBS can help me achieve this.

Has anyone here had any experience with the particular workflow i describe and if so would you be able to share your findings?!

Cheers,

M

pkv

Developer
@mt2-knight Just test with FB live 360; 1st order ambisonics should work oob (though admittedly I haven't checked recently)
edit: you can use the obs regular release or my fork. Wont make any difference as far as 1OA are concerned. You can do higher order with my fork though.

akshaysrivastava

Hi @pkv I am a developer and making a live streaming app which supports multiple audio track outputs to the users. I just wanted to know do we have support from OBS Studio for adding more than one Audio Track to a live stream? As I have seen there is only one track option for Live Stream apart from Twitch VOD track. The server I am using gives a rtmps address to stream to and it shows only one track.

Thanks