Support for Logitech BRIO 4K Webcam?

ICrazyJI

I was having the same issue for a while. I plugged my Brio into a USB 3.0 slot, and then all the options appeared. I’m now at 1080p 60fps again.

Credit to BadIntent Tech Reviews for this information.

Hey idk if this thread is still relevant but I was having similar issues not being able to load my Brio onto the primary OBS core.

I finally found a solution after digging for an hour and a half.

As far as I'm aware, because the Brio's default recording settings are not implemented into obs, the two are not natively compatible and there is a middle-man application required to get it to work. This is Logitech Capture which can be downloaded from here.
https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/capture

Once you open this software it will try to find the webcam on your computer, if it can't then it's probably not OBS's fault your camera is not working.

If you manage to get your camera pulled up on Logitech Capture, change all the of settings to 1080p and 60fps or less @90 FOV on the logitech Capture software.

Then in the Video Capture Source properties you set the device as "Logi Capture" and then set
RESOLUTION/FPS Type: Custom
~Same settings that you set in the Logi Capture software.

My reasoning behind believing that this is a compatibility issue between the hardware (brio) and software (obs) directly is when I tried to load the camera without the Logitech Capture settings the "ON" Indication light on the webcam would flicker telling me OBS Found it but some communication between the device and software screwed up and the video capture would remain black.

I hope this can help someone!

PureChaosXGaming

I just noticed this thread was well over two years old while I was typing, but since I had already started typing...

I have this issue with the BRIO I just brought. OBS, Windows Camera and Logitech Capture... none of them have 2K or 4K as a resolution option.

Same thing goes for 1080p60. OBS and the Windows Camera app only go as far as 1080p30. The Logitech Capture software does do 1080p60 but I want to use the camera in OBS for the customization (as I'm sure a lot of people do).

I *can sort of* get it working at 1080p60 I THINK when using the above method, and having Logitech Capture running at the same time as OBS, with the settings on Full HD 1080p and 60fps. But even though this seems to work, the video doesn't feel smooth or anything, it feels... lumpy... for lack of a better word.

I've already tried for several hours to fix this, trying any and all *solutions* I come across, but to no avail. I've seen videos where 3840x2160 is an option in OBS, as well 60fps at 1080p... so having to use Logitech Capture seems a little odd when others don't seem to need it at all.