Question / Help support for bmusb?

Fodiator

Hi,
I would kindly ask if bmusb (libbmusb2) is planned to be supported by OBS in the near future? It would be a great opportunity to use intensity shuttle and similar usb capture devices with OBS on linux.

Kind regards

Harold

The intensity shuttle is already supported via the blackmagic device source under linux.

s-ol

The intensity shuttle is already supported via the blackmagic device source under linux.
The Intensity Shuttle is supported via the blackmagic driver, but the blackmagic driver is only compatible with the Thunderbolt edition - blackmagic provides no USB3 driver for linux. This is why bmusb has been developed in the first place and this would be a useful capture module still.

Tuna

There was another thread here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/support-for-bmusb.84571/ Not sure what exactly happened to the first post there - it was definitely different when I originally wrote there.

But basically it shouldn't be too hard. It is just the lack of hardware to write and test the plugin. I could write something if someone would donate the hardware. Else someone with the hardware access needs to be bold enough to start writing it.

s-ol

There was another thread here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/support-for-bmusb.84571/ Not sure what exactly happened to the first post there - it was definitely different when I originally wrote there.
I thought so, guess the account was hijacked or something like that.

But basically it shouldn't be too hard. It is just the lack of hardware to write and test the plugin. I could write something if someone would donate the hardware. Else someone with the hardware access needs to be bold enough to start writing it.
I bought an Intensity Shuttle this week, and I'm writing my first OBS plugin as we speak ;)

s-ol

Hm, so I don't know anything about video formats / encodings and I'm not getting further from here.... the video sizes are detected and I'm trying to forward all settings to OBS but I only get a black image.

Maybe you have an idea? The code can be found here.

I'm not sure what frame.line_width is supposed to be, but I've tried width, width*2 and width*4 (which makes the most sense to me) with the same results. You can find the bmusb header with the definitions here, and the only other use of the library I know of starts here in nageru/mixer.cpp.
I also have no idea how I am supposed to handle interlaced video, but so far i dodged that by just making sure I'm sending 720p instead of 1080i.