[SUGGESTION] Relative Position/scale & Profile-bound scenes

nGAGEOnline

Hi guys,

I was wondering (and hoping) that somebody's considered implementing the following 2 features:

Relative Positioning
What I mean by 'relative positioning', is probably best explained with a simple example:

I have several profiles setup, for various purposes:
  • File output only
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
    ...etc

When I stream to Twitch, I generally stick to 720p resolution (sometimes source is 1080, sometimes it's 720p as well). For YouTube however, I tend to go full-out and stream at 1080p. (I just can't get Twitch to stream smooth even at 720p so I don't bother with 1080p, but on YouTube all runs smooth)

Now, switching from my Twitch profile to my YouTube profile then might involve re-positioning and re-scaling components/objects in the scene, as they obviously remain at exact pixel positions and scale the way they were setup for 720p.

Now I realize that I could change everything to 1080p and have different settings for 'resolution downscale' for twitch/720p-streams, but that seems like unnecessary computing power and possibly quality loss (the more accurate scaling types will of course use up more computing power) that could be avoided with some option to position objects/components at a relative position and scale to the source/base-resolution.
Also, it seems wrong to me that should I always use 1080p base-resolution and use down-scaling just to match up object/component positioning, that some sources (capture-card) may already be providing 720p images that suddenly would have to be up-scaled, followed by a downscale with quality-loss. I would also presume that if the base-resolution is already at 720p for same resolution streams, that there's less of the smaller embedded components that needs to be computed (ie: webcam)?!

That said, the following suggestion/request might actually provide a better solution...

Profile-bound Scenes
This should be fairly self-explanatory:

The ability to associate scene-setups with profiles. (Probably should have some copy scene option to transfer a scene from one profile to the other). This way it would be easy to setup scenes specific to a profile, regardless of base/output-resolutions, and probably more importantly, without compromising plug-in behaviors. (as well as provide an additional level of organization)

In hindsight, the second suggestion seems to be the better one, as it solves the first one, offers additional flexibility, is least likely to break a plug-in and probably the easiest to implement. So, I vote for the second one :D

Anywho,... thanks for reading and keep up the good work!

_nGAGE™

PS: (if exists) can anybody point me to a guide/overview for plug-in development? (Where to get started, requirements etc) Wanna find a reason to dig into C++.