Suggestion: Playback of Capture Device Audio

Joe33345

Hi, to start off I LOVE Open Broadcaster Software! Superior to XSplit by far! There's just a couple odds and ends that could be added and it'd already be better ;-)

I have an AverMedia Game Broadcaster HD. When I open the capture card in OBS it opens and functions fine but... There's no audio playback for the stream. Now there are two ways I can get around this. I can either go to my Recording Devices and set Windows 7 to 'Listen To The Audio Of This Device' so I can have the sound playing OR I can set the Audio as my Microphone in OBS. Setting it as the mic kinda defeats the purpose of using a mic during the cast though :-\. Something to look at ;-)

Joe33345

Staretta

Audio from capture cards is a known issue, and I believe it is something Jim is currently working on.

Also, quote from this thread capture card audio
Jim said:
Audio from capture cards currently doesn't work, but I'm going to up the priority on getting it in, so I'm going to try to get audio for devices sooner rather than later. Really sorry about the delay on this one, it's pretty important and I've been putting it off because it requires a bit of a rewrite of my internal audio stuff.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It was a major design flaw early on that caused this problem to happen. I am indeed working on this one for the next major update, top priority

Joe33345

Thanks, sorry I'm new to the forums and, obviously being a n00b, forgot to check the stickies. Thanks :-)

Joe33345