Suggestion - Nvidia CUDA and Intel Quick Sync

LooktotheRight

Greetings,

I just made an account to post this. I would like to know how hard it would be for a coder to implement Intel Quick Sync and Nvidia CUDA like Acion! by Mirillis (I'm not trying to advertise) can do. I use Action! to record and it can actively render down a file using CUDA or Quick Sync and then the file size is tiny when it is saved to my computer. Action can use quick sync to actively render a file and make it much smaller and much, much easier to stream. You need to pay for livestreaming though, and I like OBS much more. Is it possible for this to be implemented into OBS? It would really help as I, and many others, have a low upload speed, and do not have a higher one available to us. It would be great for AMD OpenCL to implemented as well making this available on all platforms. Does anyone know if this is even possible to do? If so, thank you for your time anyone who reads this.

Jet

Kharay

QuickSync actually is supported by OBS. CUDA isn't (yet) though. And I'm not sure whether or not it would actually be easy to implement, since the encoding is done by x264 and I don't believe the x264 crew has any plans to support CUDA support.

However, OpenCL support has already made its way to x264. Not yet to the fullest extent possible but that is a process as well.