[Suggestion] Freeze Broadcast

LastTalon

This is just as suggestion for an addition to OBS. Its an idea I had that would just be a simple button/hotkey that would cause OBS to capture the current frame and continue broadcasting on that frame until it is toggled off. This would be useful while streaming in order to take short breaks for things such as maintenance of the stream or entering passwords or other information without anyone seeing. These are just examples and I'm sure others can think of many different uses for this. Any feedback or additional ideas for this suggestion are appreciated.

LastTalon

Warchamp7 said:
You could just set a hotkey to a scene with a 'Taking a break' image on it or something.
Although this is a workaround for the few examples I've mentioned there are surely other applications as well as user preference. Other than that, it still doesn't achieve the same effect as freezing it. Thank you for the feedback though.

notapod

I would like to have freeze-switch/button for OBS too! In many situations freeze on/off (with hotkey) would speed up my streaming activities. Also still frame would be way more stylish than scene with "taking break" written in comic sans on black background, lol.

zangets00

Maybe a screenshot program that autosaves the image with a set name by pressing a hotkey which is the same as your "Taking a break" hotkey scene that displays the image saved with the screenshot program?

I don't know which screenshot software you would use though.

notapod

zangets00 said:
Maybe a screenshot program that autosaves the image with a set name by pressing a hotkey which is the same as your "Taking a break" hotkey scene that displays the image saved with the screenshot program?

I don't know which screenshot software you would use though.
Actually I tried that out. Too bad OBS couldn't render image from WinSnap minimized to tray :/
Guess we'll just have to wait someone make a plugin for that.