Suggestion: blocking skype?

frolof

Hello, I love OBS!
the best and simpliest broadcaster at the moment.
But i have one suggestion. which might be very unique from the others.

An option to block skype communications
Its quite bothersome to have to turn volume to zero when i stream and the same time streaming
with friends! I hope this suggestion would come true one day :D

Zeo

Not possible if I read the question Correctly.

I assume since you're having issues, its because you're doing PC capture and speaker output capture.

To put it in simplest possible terms, OBS grabs the sound on its way to the speakers, not at the application level. Therefore it can't separate applications, including itself via stream. Hence interesting feed back loops while streaming.

In order to correct this problem, Jim would have to program an equivalent (and hopefully much better) version of Virtual audio cable and incorporate it into OBS. It would be almost as much work as OBS itself I think.

Zephiris

As mentioned above though, you can use virtual audio cable to reroute Skype's output so that the stream can not hear it. You would need to create a cable that Skype sends its sound to, and then use a VAC repeater to repeat the windows sound mapper to the same virtual cable which would then allow you to hear everything your stream hears as well as Skype.