[Suggestion] Allow controller hotkeys

Tourist

I'm streaming a game that uses my X-Box Controller on my PC, however, the OBS hotkey settings do not allow me to set any of the controller's buttons as a "push to talk" key. So i still need to have my keyboard handy just to hit one button to talk to my stream.

Would really appreciate being able to map some OBS functions to my controller as well. Thank you.

Xtacy

Thirded :) Been waiting for this option for a while. I use a hotas joystick flying flight sims and it'd be nice if my comm button also worked with OBS PTT. Thanks!

Xtacy

Just tried 22.0.0-rc1 just in case, no DX keys for hotkeys. Just curious, do you think this could ever be a feature added? Thanks!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
As far as I know, gamepad hotkey support is intended to be added at some point. It just requires someone with the knowhow, time, and motivation to submit a patch for it.

Alex0179

+ Support, as far as I have seen there isnt any option or simple work around - if there is then please point me to it as XBox controller support would be very useful

TheGoddessInari

It's 2019, we should be able to have push-to-talk on gamepads without requiring third party workarounds that often get flagged on online games.