[Suggestion] Add log file options in obs-studio

Hi dev's hope you will consider my small suggestion:

Add some configuration options to increase/decrease the limit of logfiles in the log folder and/or the posibility to set a size limit on the logfiles folder.

I know it's a low prio part of the refactor but its a cleaner approach than digging in an ini file i guess.

Thanks for listening and many cheers for your work guys!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
We have an option to limit the number of log files -- it defaults to 20 though.

You can set the log limit by going to start/run (or pressing windows key + R in windows 8), and pasting: %appdata%\obs

Then, open global.ini, and set "MaxLogs" in the "[General]" section to the desired number. Note that 0 will not set the limit to 0 logs, but instead make it so there is no log limit and it will never remove logs again.

Hi Jim, Thanks for the advice. The guys in the chat already helped me a lot with that.

My scenario was : i adjusted a small setting a while ago and now abouth a month later i'm missing the files to compare if that setting had any effect. And then i learned about the default log limit and how i could adjust it.

While it is a verry small thing to some people, i kinda like to also have options to control that behaviour (preferrably in a gui). And i thought that ,while you guys are buisy with re-writing the core, that those options perhaps also could be implemented. And it would simplefy it to help people who want to have it adjusted.

However it's a verry small thing and i understand that you have a to-do list of a mile long so if it's not worth it to put your efford in i can understand it completely ofcourse.

Anyways, Thanks a for OBS and the great efford you guys put into it. Cheers!