[SUGGEST] Parent/Child Scene mechanic

Komak57

I'm fairly particular to parent-child based object organisation, probably due to Unity spoiling me. Reasons aside, I find myself wishing I could create an AFK "scene" that would display on top of my existing scene. This includes images, animations, text messages, and the lot based on the scenario at hand. Currently, you could create a copy of your scene and add them in separately, but this isn't very fluid and can cause numerous micro-management conflicts. It got me to thinking, what if I could add a scene as a part of my current scene? First problem, is a scene child that has a scene child in it. This could create looping issues. Fast fix is to turn each scene into a "parent" or "child" (boolean check) based on weather or not it has scenes attached, and only allow the addition of childless scenes. Second issue is the micromanagement. With this setup, scenes should have a button to "set scene" so you can alter details before enabling that scene in your parent. (Click AFK scene, edit sources, click Game scene, enable AFK scene source). Perhaps this would be better suited to a plugin, and I'd gladly make it, but your plugin SDK doesn't seem to be easily accessible for common developers.