Free SubAlert [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

redkwind

redkwind updated SubAlert with a new update entry:

Emoticons, Custom donation sounds and StreamDonations support!

NEW: You can now use emoticons in your donation messages.
Add your own emoticons using the emoticon manager down in the donation settings.

NEW: Custom donation sounds.
You can now select a sound for a specific donation amount. That sound will play when the exact amount is donated.

NEW: We now support SupportTheStream.com . Its a new FREE donation site

Read the rest of this update entry...

Krxz

I have been using this program for a few weeks now. Everything seems fine. Despite sometimes being quite slow.

However, tonight I spent a quite the bit of time helping a friend configure all this out, to find it working on and off.
At first we couldn't make it work. I would unfollow, wait a bit, and refollow and nothing would happen.

We tested Nightdev's and it gave the alert within 10s.

A bit down the road of testing, we managed to get 1 alert but the delay was horrible.
Later on in the testing, no more Alerts and we are talking about a >1min delay. We might have waited a good 2-3mins (he even received the email notifications) but SubAlert wouldn't budge.

Any clues?
Regards, and thanks for the awesome program!

PS: I have noticed in the past that the speed would varie. Sometimes it was quicker then others.
How does it check for Followers? Is it the same method as Nightdev?
Nightdev's lacks monitoring of who actually follows, which makes thanking them in time impossible. This is why I use SubAlert. I even tried using Nightdev for the popup and SubAlert for the follower log/monitoring. But NightDev's was so much quicker giving the Alert then SubAlert was at giving me the name, that it made me look retarded thanking people with such delays.

Last edited:

redkwind

Is it possible to add a MySQL-Support ?
That would be awesome. :)

What do you mean by MySQL support? like a database for your followers/subs/donations? SubAlert isn't meant to be a program that manages stadistics thats why it wont really save any important data other than the list of the alerts it pops up.
If you have an idea on how SQL could help i would gladly look into it.

I love the program but for some reason whenever someone follows it's like 10-20 minutes later...

The program polls Twitch follower data every 20 seconds. However... Twitch has a way to handle the follower list that its not really in real time. The API refresh (your follower list) might take some time depending 100% on Twitch... there is nothing we can do about it because its on Twitch's end.

I have been using this program for a few weeks now. Everything seems fine. Despite sometimes being quite slow.

However, tonight I spent a quite the bit of time helping a friend configure all this out, to find it working on and off.
At first we couldn't make it work. I would unfollow, wait a bit, and refollow and nothing would happen.

We tested Nightdev's and it gave the alert within 10s.

A bit down the road of testing, we managed to get 1 alert but the delay was horrible.
Later on in the testing, no more Alerts and we are talking about a >1min delay. We might have waited a good 2-3mins (he even received the email notifications) but SubAlert wouldn't budge.

Any clues?
Regards, and thanks for the awesome program!

PS: I have noticed in the past that the speed would varie. Sometimes it was quicker then others.
How does it check for Followers? Is it the same method as Nightdev?
Nightdev's lacks monitoring of who actually follows, which makes thanking them in time impossible. This is why I use SubAlert. I even tried using Nightdev for the popup and SubAlert for the follower log/monitoring. But NightDev's was so much quicker giving the Alert then SubAlert was at giving me the name, that it made me look retarded thanking people with such delays.

Hey!
Yeah, i got a couple of ideas...
SubAlert has a built-in anti spam that will prevent refollows from showing up, this was meant to be like that to prevent people from trolling a streaming unfollowing and refollowing. You can close the program and delete the "AntiSpam.xml" file from the Log folder so it picks everyone up as new followers.

About the delay... subalert will poll the follower data every 20 seconds... so it depends on twitch to update their follower list so the program can pick up any new follower

Can you add this as a stream donation?
https://www.twitchplus.com

If they have a public API of course i can implement it... however if they dont i would reccomend contacting the twitch plus devs and see if they would like to work something out.

vivendi

If they have a public API of course i can implement it... however if they dont i would reccomend contacting the twitch plus devs and see if they would like to work something out.

I'd like to have Twitchplus in there as well. They do seem to have a public API. You can find the implementation details in the dashboard. So you'll have to log in first. Would be great if you could add it.

torados

What do you mean by MySQL support? like a database for your followers/subs/donations? SubAlert isn't meant to be a program that manages stadistics thats why it wont really save any important data other than the list of the alerts it pops up.
If you have an idea on how SQL could help i would gladly look into it.
Simply a feature to put all new information of incoming followers/subs/donations into a database on the web.
(NOT the information of all followers/subs/donors so far! Just the new ones recognized by SubAlert)
I know it`s not made for statistics, but, i want to display latest followers/donors/subs on my website.
A MySQL Support would make it easier to handle that Information.
SubAlert already gets all information so it doesn`t make sense (for me) to call the API twice from my webspace every few minutes.
Especially the returning information of the API from Donor-Websites like Donation-Tracker.

If SubAlert could handle that for me/us, that would be great.

Lazloe Longhair

I have 2 issues and 1 feature request.

My issues:
1. I have a GTX670. There is a feature to have FPS on screen, however, in SubAlert there is ALWAYS an FPS counter from my video card whether or not I have the feature turned on. I am currently hiding it by cropping the left side of my capture window. Looking for ideas on fixing this issue that is totally not related to SubAlert.

2. When I try testing the Host animation there is no sound no matter which sound I select. Everything else about it works fine (in testing).

Feature request:
I would like to save several different sets of settings. I would like to have a different theme for the games I stream on the overlay but using SubAlert this cannot be accomplished without completely redoing the settings each time.

EDIT: Added an issue.

Last edited:

Viper2k1

Hi there,

I have a little problem with SubAlert. I can't select a background image at the follower settings. If I click it nothing really happens. Whole SubAlert window flickers one time and thats it. No PopUp is showing to select a graphic or whatever. Same with the Donations settings.

I have the latest version of SubAlert.

redkwind

Hi there,

I have a little problem with SubAlert. I can't select a background image at the follower settings. If I click it nothing really happens. Whole SubAlert window flickers one time and thats it. No PopUp is showing to select a graphic or whatever. Same with the Donations settings.

I have the latest version of SubAlert.

Reinstall the Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 and you should be fine. Try it up.

Flaim

i'd like to use this, but since some of my games require fullscreen i can't (no 2nd monitor :P ).
would it be possible to make the program (optionally) run a local server which then could be used with the clr plugin, or would that drain too much performance?

what i mean is that for example you get a follower while having the option "clr output" (or something alike) enabled.
subalert registers the event, pushes the defined alert to the local server which gets displayed on the stream via clr browser instead of/in conjuction with the regular green box alert.

Last edited:

AckMeL666

Hello great program by the way. My only issue is that my Screen Name on Twitch is different than my one on HitBox so I can't seem to get this program to work with both at the same time except for maybe running two different Sub Alert Programs. Is there a better way to do this?

Kabooom85

Im on Both on Twitch and Hitbox, but i can only hit one Service, can you change this? So its enabled on Both Services?

And Big Thanks for your Work ;)

First of all, very nice tool! I discovered it yesterday and its MUCH better then twitchalerts.com or other alerter.

But now, I have a problem/Question. I want to add a Follower Goal. When I set the Number to 100 at the config, then save and start the session, it shows in the text document 0/100. Thats right. But when i want to STOP my stream, then stream on the next day, then the follower goal is back to 0/100 and i cant continue my follower goal on the next day because it resets everytime it to 0 when i start SubAlert..

Is there any possibility to continue the Follower Goal at the next day?

ItzAJ

Any chance anyone can provide some insight on my problem? I stream with a two-monitor setup. I play my games on the primary monitor and have my OBS, SubAlert, and other applications, internet tabs open on the extended (#2) monitor. While Streaming when I occasionally alt-tab between applications to look at through my 2nd monitor my SubAlert bugs out after awhile. It begins to show anything that is behind the green screen of the SubAlert to my OBS/Stream (i.e skype, internet tabs, etc). Have had this issue for awhile and tried getting some help from SubAlert's twitter but it's been useless. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Also, I forgot to mention that I use Window Capture for SubAlert.

Gregory Hartley

Hey everyone. I have been using this program for a while now and today just received my SUB button on Hitbox.tv/hartley.
However after setting everything up I get a red square next to the little S "sub" box. Can anyone shed some light onto this. Will it turn green once I have my first sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.