Bug Report Streamlabs Jar does not cache bits - CEF not saving localstorage

Derick Bailey

I'm on a 2017 Macbook Pro, all OS updates applied, currently running OBS v20.0.1.

When running the StreamLabs "jar" overlay, I see the bits falling into my jar just fine, during my stream. However, closing OBS and re-opening it will cause all bits in my jar to disappear.

When I run the overlay webpage from Chrome, Firefox or Safari directly on my laptop, the bits will be cached correctly and restarting the browser will allow them to show up again as soon as I re-open the URL for the overlay.

From what I can tell, OBS is not allow CEF to actually save localstorage or cookies or something. It works fine on Windows, of course - no Windows OBS users have this issue. But on Mac, CEF clears it's storage every time OBS closes or starts (not sure which).

CEF should be configured to save the localstorage, cookies or whatever other mechanism is used by Streamlabs (and other overlay services) to store data in the browser instance.

and FYI - this has been happening as far back as I can remember with OBS - v16, 19, 20 and 21 - and happened on my 2012 MBPr as well.