Question / Help Streaming with GPU not working? Higher usage of CPU.

KucharTV

Hey guys I have a bit problem. I have kinda crappy PC and I'am streaming couple years. So thing is lately I was using GPU to stream games such Battlefield 1 coz this game consume a lot of CPU. So it was like my CPU ussage by OBS was around 5% and GPU around 20% despites of settings. But now I have set NVENC encoder and it looks like my OBS is still using CPU to stream. Current usage of GPU is around 5% instead 20-30 and CPU around 15% instead 5%. It's annoying coz game such as battlefields need a lot of CPU to play, so it use like 70%.. with system usage and OBS it's 100% all the time so I wanted to use GPU to stream. Is there any option to fix this? :) Hope you undestand what I mean.

Narcogen

I don't believe NVENC usage is going to show up in your GPU utilization-- the hardware for this feature is dedicated, so as long as you don't have a bottleneck on your PCI bus, using NVENC is essentially free. Your log shows you are using NVENC. The high CPU utilization is likely from the multiple browser sources. Even so, I'm not seeing any performance issues in the logfile (no dropped/lagged frames).