Streaming window capture on RDP stop when disconnecting

Bombamela

Hello guys,
I use my RDP to stream my Chrome browser on the RDP, but whenever I disconnect from the RDP the screen get stuck in the second I disconnect on the last frame that I was connected before on. I had this problem in the past and someone gave me an easy solution, but I can't manage to find it again. Please help me.

Thank you

koala

Yes, this happens because Windows installs a virtual rdp GPU for rdp sessions, and this virtual gpu is removed by Windows the moment the rdp session is disconnected. You cannot do anything about this behavior, this is a Windows behavior.

You need a physical GPU in the machine where OBS Studio is running, and you need a remote access software that just mirrors whatever is on the desktop and doesn't install a virtual GPU. VNC is such software, or Teamviewer.

Bombamela

Yes, this happens because Windows installs a virtual rdp GPU for rdp sessions, and this virtual gpu is removed by Windows the moment the rdp session is disconnected. You cannot do anything about this behavior, this is a Windows behavior.

You need a physical GPU in the machine where OBS Studio is running, and you need a remote access software that just mirrors whatever is on the desktop and doesn't install a virtual GPU. VNC is such software, or Teamviewer.
Thank you for your reply. I thought this is the answer I will get, and that's why I said I already found out it's possible to do it without GPU and it worked for me in the past. Just like I found out that installing VB-Audio Cable, allowing the OBS to have audio on the RDP even though it doesn't have actual Audio device connected.

koala

I read in your other thread that you intend to not stream dynamically created live content but prerecorded video/audio, probably according to some playlist. In this case, OBS Studio is the wrong tool. You need a tool like ffmpeg that can be automated with scripts and batchfiles and needs no GUI at all.

Bombamela

I read in your other thread that you intend to not stream dynamically created live content but prerecorded video/audio, probably according to some playlist. In this case, OBS Studio is the wrong tool. You need a tool like ffmpeg that can be automated with scripts and batchfiles and needs no GUI at all.
The problem is that the only way to stream the content I need is to screen capture the browser.
FFmpeg can't do that.

Bombamela

And I don't stream prerecorded content, it's a live stream, not playlist. And it has to be done by screen capture and not through file runing on VLC etc.

Bombamela

I just rented RDP with GPU of nvidia, now how can I fix the problem? Thank you