Streaming twitch from mainland china with Astrill vpn. please help.

whywhywhy_60

As the title says, OBS gives me the dreaded "Failed to connect to server" upon hitting the start streaming button.

I have also tried connecting my account, only to be met with the same result.

pls help. you're my only hope from draining out boredom in the modern age.

Attachments

• 2023-07-01 17-12-41.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 42

AaronD

Point a web browser to the site that you need to connect to. Does that work?

If not, fix that first. Then OBS will probably work too.

AaronD

You want to stream to Twitch? Open a web browser and send it to to Twitch. Does that work?

You want to stream to YouTube? Open a web browser and send it to YouTube. Does that work?

Etc.

It that doesn't work, that's your first problem to solve. Forget OBS and fix that. Then when it does work, try OBS again.

whywhywhy_60

You want to stream to Twitch? Open a web browser and send it to to Twitch. Does that work?

You want to stream to YouTube? Open a web browser and send it to YouTube. Does that work?

Etc.

It that doesn't work, that's your first problem to solve. Forget OBS and fix that. Then when it does work, try OBS again.
I use Firefox, and can access twitch and youtube. PS. I got what you mean, and opening a browser for both twitch and youtube works

AaronD

I use Firefox, and can access twitch and youtube.
Okay. YouTube will stream directly from the browser, using the browser's access to the camera and mic. And maybe Twitch does too. That'd be another good thing to test. It won't be as good as OBS, but at least it'll get you *something*.

If even that doesn't work, then you're probably getting content-blocked in one direction but not the other, in which case the stuff that you're allowed to watch might still be filtered and curated, and so you need a different VPN.

If it does work, to stream through the browser's camera and mic, then you might use OBS's virtual camera to feed the browser's camera. It's a bit Rube-Goldberg, but if it works, it works. Similar idea for audio, since the VCam is picture-only.