Streaming to video call and get audio back to all devices.

Enigmabox

Hi, I am the howner of an escape room, and I organize special events in diferent envirements.
Last year, due to COVID, I have organized a virtual escape room in a local museum. For it I used a simple video call qhere participants would join.
This year the museum wants to do it again since it was a grate success... but I want to upgrade the event.

What I plan to do is to have OBS manage the video call to make it more apealling and engaging to the participants.
My ideia is simple, there will be 3 active participants:
- the gamers, that can go from 1 to many, and will join via a videocall.
- the recepcionist (on a PC) who will join the video call, but using OBS.
- the aventurer (with a mobile on his head) who will send his feed to the recepcionist, who in turn broadcast the video with OBS into the video call.

My problem is that since the aventurer is not in the video call, he does not hear the gamers, so can not take orders from them.
Any ideia on how to fix this?
Any way of sending the audio from the video call to the adventurer (from PC to Mobile)?

Thanks for any help.

Enigmabox

check vdo.ninja
I already did, and it's the app I'm planning to use to stream from the mobile to OBS.
My problem resides in the oposite direction, I need the audio from the video call to be heard at the mobile.
I made this quick and dirty drawing to exemplify my problem:
OBS_connections.jpg

Tomasz Góral

vdo.ninja - video as NDI source (this send video+audio from OBS), in Chrome Director mode select NDI video and audio. Must install from NewTek driver.
vdo - prepare two site, 1. pre, 2. main
OBS - get from main (group view)

Enigmabox

vdo.ninja - video as NDI source (this send video+audio from OBS), in Chrome Director mode select NDI video and audio. Must install from NewTek driver.
vdo - prepare two site, 1. pre, 2. main
OBS - get from main (group view)
Hey Tomasz!
Thanks for your answer.

If I understand correctly what you are proposing is that I use vdo.ninja as the main video call service, where players, receptionist and explorer would connect... Am I understanding this right?

My plan is to NOT have the Explorer (mobile) connected directly to the video call, but through OBS from the Receptionist station, so there is only one screen for the game, and not several..
Basicly the players will connect via Google Meet with the receptionist, who will then manage the video feeds (hes and the exeplorer) and broadcast them into Goole Meet through OBS. The explorer will stream from vdo.ninja to the receptionist (for video managment).

If I'm not getting what your saying, please correct and educate me :)

Tomasz Góral

How Player (1-3) connect ?
They send picture from mobile device and receive video signal from receptionist over vdo.ninja ?
OBS use as video signal back who send to Player.
I suggest prepare two room (ID), one for pre-room and second room with game.
All connect to pre-room (public ID), in vdo.ninja in Directory mode, use Transfer (button) to move player to Room with game.
All management in vdo.ninja, why you need OBS, i don't see the use.

vdo.ninja can e.g. send picture from all player in room or only from director, vdo.ninja.

Enigmabox

All management in vdo.ninja, why you need OBS, i don't see the use.
The of OBS is to make the game more apealing by adding some cosmetic elements to the stream (logo, bottom roling tex, animations, etc...), ans be able to have only 1 window for the event elements (receptionist + explorer), so we can control what they see and wen.
Ex: the explorer can be stuck at a puzzle where the players should give him the answer, but for some reason they can´t figure it out. At this point the receptionist can apear in a mini window, over the explorer image, and say something like "I have just came across this information: bla bla bla", and help the player to get to the solution.

I suggest prepare two room (ID), one for pre-room and second room with game.
All connect to pre-room (public ID), in vdo.ninja in Directory mode, use Transfer (button) to move player to Room with game.
I had no ideia vdo.ninja had these possibilities.
I will explore that and come back to you if I have any question.

Enigmabox

OK!
I have studied the "Room" option from from vdo.ninja... and...

Aparently it might just work as I want, as long as (as you said) I send all the players and the Receptionist to a Group, and leave the explorer in the main room.

Thanks for your help.