Question / Help Streaming in 720p and Recording in 1080p

Womparific

Let me start by saying that I am a little above novice when it comes to computers so I am not very savvy when it comes to computer specs. I have been trying to stream to Mixer and record the video in 1080p. The auto-config only gives my 720p and when I make efforts to adjust the settings my stream and recording becomes extremely choppy/laggy.

I hope this info helps:

Windows 10
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (6.91 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

When I modify the settings "Frames missed due to rendering lag" starts to go up and "Memory Usage" starts going into the red.

Reading some other posts I have learned that a log file should be attached.... so, it's attached. lol

I guess my main question is, what do I need to upgrade in order to achieve recording in 1080p while streaming in 720p without lagging. Well, I guess the second question is, is it possible with my current equipment? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again to anyone who can help out.

Attachments

• 2019-12-02 21-54-30.txt
    23 KB · Views: 15

Narcogen

What to upgrade?

Your GPU. Preferably to an Nvidia Turing card. Least expensive is 1660.

Also RAM. 8GB is nothing these days.

The Auto-Configuration wizard is right.

Womparific

What to upgrade?

Your GPU. Preferably to an Nvidia Turing card. Least expensive is 1660.

Also RAM. 8GB is nothing these days.

The Auto-Configuration wizard is right.
I figured I was under powered by the auto-config but wasn't sure on what. I have had this PC for about 2 weeks but now, instead of upgrading it, I am thinking about returning it to Best Buy and getting something with a little more horsepower to get it done. I am just not that savvy on what I should look for in a PC to record in 1080p and stream at 720p.