Question / Help Streaming audio for game not coming through.

Freelyx

Still pretty new to this stuff, so it could be me doing something wrong. I am live streaming to Twitch, then loading the videos to YouTube, my art (attempts) using photoshop, but also gameplay using Champions Online through steam with OBS. I've run through it several times with various settings and still only hear me, not sound from the game input. Help would be appreciated.

Log file

First run

Second run

I plan if I can get this fixed to other games live-streamed as well.

Narcogen

Is this your default audio device for your computer? Because it's the only one configured in OBS besides your Microphone.

16:20:43.989: WASAPI: Device 'Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio Renderer)' initialized

Freelyx

Is this your default audio device for your computer? Because it's the only one configured in OBS besides your Microphone.

16:20:43.989: WASAPI: Device 'Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio Renderer)' initialized

That was some decent info, but alas. no love for the old jester here. Any other thoughts?
New Log File

Narcogen

I wasn't offering info so much as asking a question.

It looks to me like you installed XSplit in the past, and it installed a virtual audio driver for its own use.

Your log only has two audio devices:

10:20:21.519: WASAPI: Device 'Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio Renderer)' initialized
10:20:21.838: WASAPI: Device 'Microphone (5- USB PnP Sound Device)' initialized

One is your microphone. The other is "XSplit Stream Audio Renderer". If that isn't what Windows is sending audio to, or if it doesn't function the way OBS expects, then you will have the situation you describe-- your stream can hear your microphone but nothing else.

I think you probably need to either remove that driver or replace it with something else-- like installing Voicemeeter and following its setup, and using their virtual device to send Windows audio to and capture in OBS.

Voicemeeter Banana - Audio Management for 1 and 2 PC Streaming ...https://obsproject.com › Resources › Guides (General)

Freelyx

Still not working, could use some help if anyone's got any ideas for me. I installed Voicemeeter Banana and it didn't fix or change anything for the issue I am having.

Narcogen

So you have now set Voicemeeter's device as your default, and have added it as a source in OBS? And there is still no sound?

Can I see a log from after those changes?

Freelyx

Well, that went all kinds of bad, this go around there was NO sound, no mic, no game, nothing in my headphones, but it seemed to work for the stream.

Edit: An odd revelation has occurred; no audio at all on Twitch or the downloaded videos to my computer, but then when I put them on YouTube, audio worked! Must be a setting detail I'm missing here.

Here's that Log File
Here's the test video I shot

Got the game sound back in my ear, and could hear me on the mic, but still no game sound in the stream for this one.

Here's that Log File
Here's the test video for the second try I shot

The third try I get sound from the game and when muted I don't hear the echo of the mic, but then the playback is odd. It was muted in Twitch and the downloaded video file. However, when I unmuted the output so the echo came back, I could hear me and not the game again... Progress? Not sure.

Here's that Log File
Here's that test video for the third try

If I could somehow get a blend of test one with test three, I'd be very happy. Thoughts?

Narcogen

If test #1 got game sound onto the stream, then the only other thing to do was to set Voicemeeter to send that output to your headphones so you can hear it. It's covered in the QuickStart guide in the Voicemeeter manual.

Voicemeeter gives you three Hardware Inputs which can be microphones, line inputs, USB devices, whatever.

It also gives you two virtual devices (Voicemeeter VAIO and Voicemeeter AUX).

It also gives you several hardware outputs (A1, A2, A3).

It gives you five busses (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2)

If you set your Windows default output to Voicemeeter VAIO as in the guide, then in the top right under Hardware Out, assign A1 to be your headphones, then add Voicemeeter VAIO as an input source in OBS (test log #1 shows you did this) all you need to do is click the "A1" button to the on position under the Voicemeeter VAIO virtual input in order to hear it.

You can optionally click that button OFF, tell OBS to use the Voicemeeter AUX output for monitoring, and click the A1 button on underneath "Voicemeeter AUX". Then in OBS under Edit > Advanced Audio Properties you can turn on monitoring (monitor and output) for each audio source you want to hear.