Streaming at 20fps despite encoder at 35%

Kinggibbon

New Member
So we have been trying to stream 4k @ 60fps to youtube but have hit an issue we have not been able to find an answer to. So we have the bitrate set to 31000 and the settings set to output at the correct size and fps. When we try to stream it though, it states the encoder is overloaded despite only running at 35%. Anyone know how to fix this?
 

Attachments

You loose almost 60% of your frames during rendering stage already (well before encoding and questions of bitrate), if i'm right.
Your machine is good anyway, but handling four full-featured 4K sources is absolutely heavy demand even on your cpu as well as the gpu.

If you absolutely need 4K allthru try at least lowering fps to 30 just to see if the system can handle it then.
Otherwise somebody else may post here with more experience of those battleships. =D
 
I had no issues streaming/recording 4k @ 60FPS with my 6700k/1660 Super & I was even running an NDI recording concurrently. That said, I think you should start by doing what was suggested above & see if that helps.

Another thing I'm not sure about is the fact that you only have a 1080p monitor hooked up, when I was doing the 4k stuff, I had my fitheadless GS plugged into the 1660 Super acting as my 4k monitor.

 
We have 4 x 4k cameras going into a scene
You loose almost 60% of your frames during rendering stage already (well before encoding and questions of bitrate), if i'm right.
Your machine is good anyway, but handling four full-featured 4K sources is absolutely heavy demand even on your cpu as well as the gpu.

If you absolutely need 4K allthru try at least lowering fps to 30 just to see if the system can handle it then.
Otherwise somebody else may post here with more experience of those battleships. =D
Thanks for your message

I am considering an upgrade to a 3090, do you think this could resolve the rendering issue? When looking at the task manager the graphics card is maxing out. So if there was a rendering issue would it not show there?

I have successfully inputted all 4 cameras at 4k60 into vmix and then hosted it to youtube, which was showing 4k60. I'm not sure how vmix can do it and obs can't..
 
Are all 4 of your sources displayed at the same time or separately?
Hi thanks for your message
They are displayed at the same time within the same OBS workspace. I get no latency when previewing the setup. However when i click stream or record, the issues start happening. As i have my workspace set to 4k dimensions, would it not just render that instead of each individual camera?

I also just said above that in the task manager the graphics card isn't maxing out.
 
First OBS 60 != 59,94 source.
What a version driver 'Desktop Video'?
One of my computer have BMD Quad HDMI and 4x 4k25p on I7 6700 i use almost 80% CPU.
Yes i know it's stupid but can you limit CPU for OBS to max 8 core ?
 
Back
Top