Streaming 2 Sources, but recording only 1

Ryukoto

Hello,

I am requesting a function to stream and record separate sources in one scene.

Example:

I use for streaming an overlay with chat source, music source, cam source and game source in one scene.
If I record the stream with OBS I will see every source in my video file.
For the video file I just need the game source.

Is it possible to add a function to stream 3 sources or one scene, while recording 2 other sources or scenes at the same time?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
That would require multiple renderers in addition to multiple encoders. Multiple encoders will be available in the OBS rewrite, but I don't believe multiple renderers is something that is going to be added.

In other words, no, it's not possible.

DanSyor

Hm... I was wondering... You might know that Dxtory (which I believe to use VFW, not DS) can output to DS so you have stuff called something like "Dxtory capture 1/2/3/..." which appears... and one "Dxtory device" can be used by several DS capture instances.
So, where I'm coming is, if you can replicate this behavior with OBS, then it might get sort of magical: one OBS instance to capture game outputting to 'OBS device 1', which is used by another OBS instance recording game and by a third OBS instance that streams with all wanted additions.
I don't know what it can be performance-wise... Doing so with Dxtory always had a severe impact on the framerate of PC games that got captured in my experience so I stopped there (well, I did not find settings for Dxtory that wouldn't hurt performance on my computer whatever I was trying to do with it, maybe I didn't search well enough)..