Streamfx for Mac?

funktype

I know this question has been asked before...but I haven't seen an answer!
So...for August 2020 I'll ask again.
Any idea if that plugin exists for Mac?

panoptik

The GitHub requirements section lists minimum and recommended compatibility with the "latest" versions of OSX, but if you read the comments regarding Mac compatibility on the "StreamFX How To: Installing the Plugin" you'll see this from one of the developers:

"As soon as someone donates enough money to hire a Mac developer, as I personally do not want to own an Apple device. The market right now is 89/10/1% for Windows/Linux/Apple, which speaks volumes about the actual demand for it. If you can't donate, and don't like the answer, how about picking up coding as a hobby? It's what I've done, and it's worked out so far. Whenever something is missing from a software, I can just create it myself."

not holding my breath....

mattcaz

..SNIP... The market right now is 89/10/1% for Windows/Linux/Apple, which speaks volumes about the actual demand for it. SNIP

He needs to check his numbers as the Mac market share continues to grow.. but I understand his sentiment.. he doesn't see any ROI for his time investment.

djrobbooke

The GitHub requirements section lists minimum and recommended compatibility with the "latest" versions of OSX, but if you read the comments regarding Mac compatibility on the "StreamFX How To: Installing the Plugin" you'll see this from one of the developers:

"As soon as someone donates enough money to hire a Mac developer, as I personally do not want to own an Apple device. The market right now is 89/10/1% for Windows/Linux/Apple, which speaks volumes about the actual demand for it. If you can't donate, and don't like the answer, how about picking up coding as a hobby? It's what I've done, and it's worked out so far. Whenever something is missing from a software, I can just create it myself."

not holding my breath....
I wish I could accept the challenge.. just learned how to us Node.Js to deploy a website. Any direction on what I would need to learn for the Mac? Im sure its not just change some values in a bash script, I'll download your source though and check it out. See if its python or something else. Thanks for your time man! So I use my Mac to DJ but happen to be using a windows machine to host my stream, going to at least start using the app and learn that first.

Thanks,
Rob

thewitt

He needs to check his numbers as the Mac market share continues to grow.. but I understand his sentiment.. he doesn't see any ROI for his time investment.
I don't believe his spread on the numbers, but you will never get a Windows dedicate to embrace the Mac, so that's fine.

I am working to build it on the Mac, just have had other priorities get in the way. I might have to fork it if he doesn't let me add the Mac build to his GitHub, but I believe I can get a Mac version built.

thewitt

Doesn't work for me. OBS crashes on startup.
MacOS 10.14.6
OBS 26.1.2

Symbol not found: __ZNSt3__14__fs10filesystem8__statusERKNS1_4pathEPNS_10error_codeE
Referenced from: /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/PlugIns/StreamFX.so (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)

Looks like it doesn't work on MacOS 10.14.x

nathanlejeune

Thanks for this thread. I am still hitting my head against a wall trying to figure out where I am going wrong. I've followed the installing instructions but that list of plugins isn't super clear about which is for Mac. Is there a specific file or is it the "windows" exe file. If so I've tried all that and still not working. I can share more info it needed but maybe its a simple fix that I am missing.

Markium

I
Thanks for this thread. I am still hitting my head against a wall trying to figure out where I am going wrong. I've followed the installing instructions but that list of plugins isn't super clear about which is for Mac. Is there a specific file or is it the "windows" exe file. If so I've tried all that and still not working. I can share more info it needed but maybe its a simple fix that I am missing.

It's the streamfx-macos-10.15-0.10.0.0b1-gafc09620.7z or the zip version. Put it all into your Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins if it doesn't do it automatically. Works like a charm, although not all effects/shaders work for macOS from what I can tell. But blur, 3d etc all do.

poly_effervescent

Hi everyone, pardon my being a dumb guy but I'm interested in getting StreamFX going in OBS on an Intel Mac and not figuring it out. I read the installation instructions on github and followed the link to the latest production page where it is said the installer pkg can be downloaded. I see the warning that "binaries have been removed" and only see the zip and tar.gz files for source code below. By "binaries have been removed" does that refer to the pkg file that would have once been there? If so, I know that building from source code is above my pay grade, in which case am I correct in assuming that means I've just got to wait out some further development? Or am I dumb and looking in the wrong place?