Stream stuttering after installing latest version (28) of OBS.

As per the title, basically I have had zero issues streaming with OBS until yesterday when I was prompted with the new version (28) to download. Typically I always ignore it the first few times but since I wasn't in a hurry, I decided to install it. Didn't think anything of it.

But now when I go live, the stream after a few seconds is instantly stuttering and my CPU usage starts to increase to levels I never seen before while using OBS. I know there were new items put in this version and I am curious if I am missing something simple and just overloading my system to cause this issue?

I assume I am missing something or not doing something right with this new update. Is it possible to go back a version to see if version 28 is the cause of the problem?

Also curious if anyone else is having this similar issue or if it is just me. I have enjoyed using OBS and want to continue using it but I am at a loss right now with what is happening. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks!

ArielPerree

Hello!

I actually had the exact same issue. Luckily I had some stream friends help me out. I've never had the issue before but, after the update, I have to make sure that the preview is disabled in OBS in order to stream with no stuttering/CPU increase. After disabling the preview the stream worked just as it did before the update.

I've heard this was a fix for a lot of issues in the past but it never helped before so I didn't think about it but it made a HUGE difference after the update.

Hopefully this helps.