Question / Help Stream Stutter When Streaming a Prerecorded Video

toothpickthug

Hello, firstly here are my systems specs:

Lenovo Laptop
Model: ThinkPad L13 Yoga
CPU: Intel i5-102110U @ 1.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB DDR4
Integrated Intel UHD graphics
Any other specs I can list and attached should be the log of an instance where my problem occurred.

As for the issue itself,

Somewhat of a unique situation but a new part of my job includes streaming a prerecorded video of a theater performance live. For some reason shortly after we play a video live the video I have selected will freeze in the preview for a few seconds before catching back up and skipping those couple seconds. This does not happen during the few minutes of being live with music and a static image splash screen leading up to it. I have confirmed that viewer-side it also freezes. Weirdly when it goes back to normal the video and audio will be out of sync in the preview but stay in sync for viewers for the rest of the duration. Ultimately not a huge issue but it isn't very professional and happens almost every time. (We stream these about eight times each week)

For any actual live streaming we use a switcher and video interface to connect to OBS, and generally isn't a problem then. It primarily happens just after starting a prerecorded video. It might help to note that these videos are being recorded to and streamed off of an external hard drive, which I very much hope is not the issue given the limited storage onboard.

Attachments

• 2020-05-28 13-10-26.txt
    19 KB · Views: 4

qhobbes

1. Make sure the OBS Video Common FPS matches the FPS of your videos.
2. Run OBS as Admin.
3. Depending on the amount of free RAM you have available and the size of the prerecorded videos, you may be able to copy the files to a RAM Disk (such as ImDisk) and have OBS read them from there.

toothpickthug

1. Make sure the OBS Video Common FPS matches the FPS of your videos.
2. Run OBS as Admin.
3. Depending on the amount of free RAM you have available and the size of the prerecorded videos, you may be able to copy the files to a RAM Disk (such as ImDisk) and have OBS read them from there.

Firstly thanks for the suggestions. We made sure to try them out and it seems that streaming from the external drive was causing the hiccups. Not sure if it's a hardware limitation or the port is limiting data transfer but we're just gonna move the recordings to and from the internal hard drive each time. Ah well.

Thanks for the help