stream stop 5 second after starting it

mr.magik

I have a laptop and a desktop that both have OBS set up on them. My desktop has older parts compared to my laptop. when ever i try to steam on my laptop it works no problem. Some times ( around 70% of the time now) when i stream on my desktop, after i hit "Start Stream" my live icon shows i am live and everything looks fine ( connection square is screen ) but after 5 seconds the stream just stops. last time i restarted the stream for 45 minutes straight until it finally connected and stayed connected. has anyone else ran into this issue? one time i restarted my computer and it fixed. another time i choose another profile to use and it started. i didnt think this was a firewall issue since at the time when i started streaming ( early December 2020) i didn't have my anti-virus program but i did just get Avast set up on my computer recently.

I really just want to know if anyone else had a situtaion like this ever or if anyone knows what my be causing this. I have been looking up issues similar to this for days and it seem to be only one that i get.

mr.magik

System info
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.72 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

that is system specs on my laptop that always work. i will provide system specs on my desktop that sometimes work when i get home tonight around 10

Lawrence_SoCal

Your problem is mentioned in these forums ALL the time... and the problem is rarely OBS

real-time video encoding is VERY computationally demanding.

I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization [for ex. using Task manager’s Performance tab and/or Resource Monitor] to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings. Your system is more than capable, but it isn't hard to take a $5010K workstation computer and bring it to its knees with various settings in OBS and filters applied.

And then the most powerful computer is weak if the Operating System isn't tuned properly (and Win10 focuses more on eye-candy than performance to be more Apple like). And then a lot of people don't pay attention to what is running in the background (which can interfere if resource contention arises), don't reboot regularly, run as local admin, and all kinds of other poor computer hygiene (which causes its own problems)
as for OBS settings, per the pinned post in this forum

mr.magik

Your problem is mentioned in these forums ALL the time... and the problem is rarely OBS

real-time video encoding is VERY computationally demanding.

I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization [for ex. using Task manager’s Performance tab and/or Resource Monitor] to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings. Your system is more than capable, but it isn't hard to take a $5010K workstation computer and bring it to its knees with various settings in OBS and filters applied.

And then the most powerful computer is weak if the Operating System isn't tuned properly (and Win10 focuses more on eye-candy than performance to be more Apple like). And then a lot of people don't pay attention to what is running in the background (which can interfere if resource contention arises), don't reboot regularly, run as local admin, and all kinds of other poor computer hygiene (which causes its own problems)
as for OBS settings, per the pinned post in this forum

I have looked at logs when this problem has happened in the past and it always says "user stopped stream" which is never the case when the stream stops 6 seconds in. I have looked at CPU usage ( not so much GPU or RAM) when running my stream and it rarely pushed pass 70%-80% during a normal hour or so stream but it doesn't even move to 40 CPU's usage when i run into this problem, since it never actually connects. it just try to stream for 6 seconds and then stops trying to stream all together.

Maybe it is a Ram or a GPU problem but i would assume that restarting my computer would be a simple fix to that. and i have yet to have the stream just start after a system restart.

it could be a OS issue, but again, i just find it strange that i can stream and with no issue most of the time, but some times it just wont let me connect to the stream for like a whole hour before finally letting me connect.

Even though this is a issue that shows up all the time it sounds like there is no real answer or solution. at least not to my specific issue. actually can not find a forum where someone has the same issue as me. I have seen where they randomly get dropped out of a stream randomly, like 30 minutes in or 2 hours in, but no forum where the stream stops after 6 seconds of it beginning.

mr.magik

I still need to show system spec of my Desktop where the issue happen. Maybe after showing that someone may notice there is a hardware issue that is creating this problem. I should have those spec posted tonight