Stream quality optimization - full AMD user

Raitzen97

Hello all,

Lately I've been having some issues with stream quality. Just to cue you all in, let's start with specs first
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 XT
GPU: RX 5700 XT
RAM: HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MH
MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

OBS Settings:
Target resolution is 720p@50FPS
CBR Bitrate: 4600kbps
Key frames: 2s
Preset: Quality
Profile: High
B-Frames: 1
AMF settings: MaxNumRefFrames=4 BReferenceEnable=1 MaxConsecutiveBPictures=1 BPicturesPattern=1 HighMotionQualityBoostEnable=1

So, to mix it up I'm trying to stream simracing in VR which is pretty heavy on the HW already. Top 2 games are iRacing and ACC due to personal liking.
As for VR I'm using Oculus Quest 1, running through OpenXR as it's better than using SteamVR or OVR

So my main issues here is the massive bluriness and pixelation during any sort of movement. Since I'm driving.. well guess how that looks. Pixelated mess at all times.

I've been thinking about getting a second PC, but the prices went through the roof lately. The only thing I can try is either getting an older one with 4th-6th. gen i5 CPU and use that just for encoding and streaming or switching back to CPU rendering (obviously this option is unavailable for ACC due to.. well simracers know) other games in "pancake" mode are running fine even at 900p@50FPS so you can imagine that the quality is much much better. Sadly tho, I'm a sim enjoyer so flight/race sims are my main thing I enjoy most. What I don't enjoy tho is looking back at the replay and seeing MSPaint quality from 1995.

Is there somebody that would have a similar setup as me? Or maybe a dual PC with the "Streaming" PC being a bit dated? I've done some small homework on how these dual PC setups work, but I'd hate to throw away 150€ to get no quality improvement.

deFrisselle

I have a similar setup to that Though recently upgraded the CPU to a 5700X I've not tried streaming VR as I've not yet set it back up after moving my system What are your game settings Also, post an OBS log from a recording or stream
Have you tried the wizard