stream pausing-buffering all the time

stelio

whenever i try to stream my friends tell me that the stream keeps loading and buffering all the time...
my pc specs are nvidia geforce 210 3gb ram 0.9 mbs download speed 0.85 upload speed
i was running obs with:
960x600 output
20 fps
701 bitrate (CBR)
very fast CPU speed

log file:
https://gist.github.com/576f2b16a687d092ff59f522bf9d8069

can you recommend me the most suitable settings? any help appreciated

Fenrir

Forum Admin
That log has no stream attempt in it. Please post a log from a streaming session so we can see what's actually going on.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
It is not, but given the specs of your PC, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to use OBS successfully. You need a new PC.

I have a question, yes his setup is low end however I want to ask... do you get any message warnings in the bottom in OBS or Dropped Frames when you either record or stream?

If you don't have any OBS warning messages, then its fine - if you get dropped frames its server connection issue as in your internet is not stable. If you get warning messages / cpu overload, high encode etc... then try testing these change resolution to 480p or 360p / also change cpu encode preset either SuperFast or UltraFast

Also I see you mentioned you have 0.85 uploading speed and you are trying to use 700 as bitrate, honestly when you got that low upload you have to go further down because your internet that low is not always stable.. try 500 bitrate instead which would balance out better. Either way

Maybe the buffer is not your system and its simply the Twitch server that you are using, try other servers as a test as well maybe another one works better for you... sorry this is all trial and error.

If you do get both issues no matter the changes you make then sadly you need a new computer setup