Stream Over encoding

kaydabeast

Hey Guys so I have noticed that my stream has been lagging for sometime as in the FPS of the stream goes down, and every now and then it comes up with a error message at the bottom right saying warning encoder overload turn down some video settings, How ever when i Look at my cpu usage its barely over 50% at most, I have tried so many different things at first i thought that my oc on my ram was glitching out as it seemed to be abit better when i put the ram back to 2133 from 3200 but it still lags hard, so i set everything back to stock and it still does it so is it the software itself then? Also i have tried it without any overlays and it still does it below is a copy of my log files

Also my specs are
2700x
32gb 3200mhz
asus rog crosshair VII hero
EVGA gtx 1080ti
custom loop

Attachments

• 2019-02-06 17-55-29.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 11

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
For the "encoding overloaded message" - ss you're using the fast preset, higher CPU usage is expected. On a single PC setup, we usually recommend faster as the slowest to use. You can also go into Settings -> Advanced in OBS and raise the CPU priority by one level. Note this will prioritise OBS encoding over anything else on your system, which can cause other applications to lag. More suggestions available here.

In terms of OBS frame rate dropping, this is caused by Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 156 (6.3%). This means that your GPU usage is above 90%, and Windows is starving OBS. Make sure you limit your in-game framerate. More suggestions available here.