Stream OBS to chrome tab so I can present screen from Google Meet

RicohLA

Hi, I want to ask something that kinda complex.

I have a google meeting that requires an OBS presentation in order to make it look official. And I have been using YouTube Live as my source of screen presentation and ofc, I faced a latency issues. However, I ever saw one time google chrome can open video and files, I want to stream my OBS directly to chrome tabs so I can present screen on Google Meet with OBS.

RicohLA

Welp. I failed successfully. JK, I did it, audio and video can be seen and heard by participant in GMEET but I got a gigantic problem now.
Video and audio quality and latency is not acceptable when using it as webcam and virtual mic. However, I believe since GMeet share chrome tabs and audio with great quality, I really believe if OBS can stream to browser or use browser as output monitor for both video and audio is possible,, everything will be perfect for ultra low latency screen presentation. But I'm new here, so.... IDK. The only best worst way to do it is to stream to youtube and present it in chrome tabs with 4 second is the lowest latency I can get.
Still... I wonder if we can stream directly to browser or if its a must to have RTMP server...

tabungar

I have exactly the same problem. I also tried Youtube live. What I did for the mean time is to project the screen to my other monitor and present it to google but the biggest problem is the FPS. It's so laggy. There's no streaming platform that is providing zero latency so we can use Chrome Tab to present.

joeyzero

Bump!
I used spacedesk and VB cable so I can share it on google meet

I've been using VAC for a good long while and love it. I haven't heard of spacedesk before today, and am setting it up now to give it a shot. With that said (for visibility's sake) are you able to share any other info about what you had to do to get it working? How you've got it set up, whether or not there are any considerations around software price or hardware needs? Reliability issues? Etc etc

It's a shame that googling your exactly use case (trying to stream with audio to a Google Meet presentation) is mostly results from almost a decade ago.