Question / Help Stream not fluid, lag

Kheldar

Hello,

I noticed by looking at my reruns that my stream is not quite fluid at times it "lags" a little bit. I stream via the new nvenc with as parameter 6000bitrate, max quality, psycho checked and 2 b-frame, my graphics catre is an ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 ROG STRIX-GTX1060-6G-, the stream is in 900p/60fps my GPU consumption is at 40%.

Thank you for your help

video of a stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/517167518

Sorry for my poor English, I translated

carlmmii

Your log is showing near perfect rendering/encoding, only missing 25 of the 400k+ frames. As far as OBS goes, that's about as perfect as you can hope for.

That doesn't explain what you would be seeing though. Unfortunately I can't view the VOD currently, but I can say that VOD playback should not be used as a reliable indication of stream smoothness. For whatever reason, the live stream has a much better fluidity than the VOD player on twitch. For a true indication, you would need to have a local recording of your stream session to verify for yourself (just use the stream encoder for your recording option). Play back in VLC for best results.

Something you can do to double-check with what you have though is to find a section that you notice stutters, then go back a few seconds and play it back again, and see if it stutters on the same frames. If it doesn't, then that's an indication of the player at fault, not the actual video itself.

You might also want to slow down the playback speed as another way to verify, but that gets a bit annoying to deal with.

Kheldar

I asked myself this question and looking at some streamer replay I also see this problem, I'm going to watch my live tonight and see what it looks like live

Thank you for your help.