Question / Help Stream lagging but not game, but seemingly not for the usual reasons.

Sanctonis

Before you jump to conclusions, yes I have read and taken in to account that the bitrate might be too high or my computer might be under too much load, I've experienced this before and switching to NVENC solved it because my CPU was under too much stress.

I've streamed GTAV, Gears 4, CSGO, Sea of Thieves and more all on max settings in the last couple weeks at 6000 bitrate on NVENC without issues.

Lately I've been trying to stream Watch Dogs 2, and the stream has been insanely laggy. I tried dropping every setting to low, first of all, because I noticed my GPU was at 90% usage, it didn't help. Then I tried dropping bitrate to 4500, then 2500, didn't help. I swapped over to x264 so I could use my CPU because in game, somehow, my CPU is usually at about 60-80% usage on all cores, as opposed to my GPU's 90%.

Even still, it lags an insane amount on all different bitrate settings. This is the only game I've had trouble with so far (I can't even get it to be seen in Game Capture, only display capture works with it (Yep, it's in its own scene, and display/game capture are in separate scenes, anti cheat hook is on, scaling is off))

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, here's my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/SEt1VqEL5X8UNRbW

Narcogen

Can't tell without an output session in the log. Logged session needs to contain a completed (started and stopped) recording or streaming session where you observe your problem.

Sanctonis

That last one should be, I even had it on longer. Unless the "last log" takes a while to register as the actual last one, because I had it on for like 10 minutes observing my lag. I'll stream again in a bit to test it and grab that log.

Sanctonis

"Upload Last Log File" isn't working for some reason, so I've attached it here instead. Again just streamed Watch Dogs 2, sat on it a bit longer and ran around a bunch, stream lagged a lot.

Attachments

• 2019-06-17 23-24-49.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 38

Sanctonis

Also in the link you suggested I already tried jumping down my graphics to full low, and it didn't help a bit, stream was still laggy. I can try cap the frames to 60 *and* go low I guess but at that point it feels like I should just not be streaming this particular game for people, considering I can stream everything else fine at max graphics.
I have a 2080 so I really feel like this shouldn't be an issue, especially in the first level of the game with barely anything going on, but if you really believe it's my GPU maxing out and not some weird outside issue, I'll take your word for it. (As Sarcastic as that sounds these days I really don't mean it sarcastically, I truly do mean i'll take your word because I don't know enough about this to dispute it)

D

Deleted member 121471

OBS requires some GPU resources to composite and render a scene.

Lowering your graphic settings without capping your FPS, outside of CPU bottleneck situations, only makes those resources increase your FPS even further, still leaving OBS "starved" for what it requires from your GPU.

Cap your FPS then, if it's still necessary at all, lower some of your graphic settings, if your log or stats window still show rendering lag present.

Display capture has no issues due to one of Windows 10's design choices, your software is being VSYNCed by "force".

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanctonis

That makes sense, I'll try capping the FPS tonight, I don't think it hits 144fps consistently anyway so I'm better off just getting used to 60 or so in the game. Will report back later. Thanks for all the helps guys.