Question / Help Stream from Video Camera to OBS

technodisney

I can’t find this answer anywhere. I need to stream the footage from my camera into OBS for Mac OS High Sierra, so I can then stream it to Facebook for promotional reasons. We will be using a 2017 MacBook Pro 15” to stream it. We plan to go LIVE on the 2nd December so we need a fast solution. We have a Panasonic 4K Camcorder and it has a HDMI output and a micro USB one. It also has wifi streaming capability but we need to be able to connect to the camera Network and our internet network and as far as I can tell that is just about impossible on a MacBook.

How do I go about getting the footage from the camera streaming into the OBS studio program?

Narcogen

I assume your camera has documentation on how to use it's streaming capabilities. There's no particular reason to think there's a good way of integrating that with OBS-- most likely it uses Windows-specific software that Panasonic packages with the camera.

The quickest way is a HDMI capture device you can connect to the MacBook. You didn't say what resolution and framerate you needed, so it's hard to make a specific recommendation.

technodisney

The camera I can stream to the MacBook fine but it cuts off outside internet access by doing that. We are looking at 1080p 30fps streaming. What suggestions do you have?